Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Fog Light Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Installation

I was wondering how difficult it is to install fog lights? I already have the switch on the dash for the lights (1999 V70 GLT). In the bumper, the passenger side small grill that goes in the place where the fog lamps fo - is out. I either want to get a new small grill (anyone know what this is called?) or take out the driver side grill and install the fog lamps - depending on how difficult the installation is. It looks like the brackets are just 2 or 3 screws - is the fog lamp switch on the dash standard or does it indicate that at one time the lamps may have been installed and the wiring may already be done?
Thx!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Default RE: Fog Light Installation

Well, looks like after some research i found the answert i was looking for.
the switch if the the 'rear fog lights' not the front, unless there are some buttons on the lower part of the swtich (there aren't). Installation would entail getting the lights, running the wire, getting a new fog light switch, then having a chip programmed by the dealer to have the lights actually work. Sounds like a lot of work for something that would be a nice addition, but not worth the time and effort (to me) when it's not really needed. I think i'll stick to trying to find the part number of the small grill and just get one of those.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: junkprospector

Well, looks like after some research i found the answert i was looking for.
the switch if the the 'rear fog lights' not the front, unless there are some buttons on the lower part of the swtich (there aren't). Installation would entail getting the lights, running the wire, getting a new fog light switch, then having a chip programmed by the dealer to have the lights actually work. Sounds like a lot of work for something that would be a nice addition, but not worth the time and effort (to me) when it's not really needed. I think i'll stick to trying to find the part number of the small grill and just get one of those.
I believe you're looking for:

Grille w/o foglight, Right, 9151509
Grille w/o foglight, Left , 9151511

Should run about $10/ea.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:38 PM

I had the same situation with my 2000 my V70 (last of the "classic" shape).

I got a fog light kit from my local Volvo dealer which included two light units, the dashboard switch, two shorter plastic grills and mounting brackets and a relay. Plus install instructions.

The wiring is was pre installed in the factory and the plugs for each for each light unit were in place behind the bumper. after I bolted the light in place just unplug the end of the wire from the blank plug where it has been since leaving the factory and plug it into the new light.

I can probably find the kit part number if you need it. think it cost about £100.