Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Volvo going bonkers :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo going bonkers :(

OK so here's my thing.. Please keep in mind that I am on vacation.. out of the country even Female traveling in Canada from the US with a baby.. soOOo any help to point me in a direction would be amazing!

Valerie is a Volvo V70 - 2002 with about 180K miles..

Issue one started 2 weeks ago.. my windows started not working and constant clicking sound.. it would stop anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.. and than one day it just kept clicking.. annoying but I learned to live with it.. Figured I'd hand the car over to my dad when I get home and all my issues will go away

Than yesterday I go to get into my car and the alarm was randomly going off.. my remote didn't kill it so I stuck the keys in the ignition.. it went off but than the car wouldn't turn over.. I got clicking sounds and interior lighting all working.. Great dead battery.. got a jump nothing.. didn't even turn on.. no power..

Later I go back and check the car and shes making sounds.. complete black nothing on.. the sounds are coming from the steering wheel just under and than the front right passenger side.. I'm including a video.. see link below

This morning no sounds.. no lights.. black all around.. shes just sitting there.. I'm stuck in the bottom of a parking garage.. so I don't even know how to get a tow..

I need help and suggestion.. should I replace the battery completely? Is it the starter? I had the alternator replaced less than a year ago.. but I know what that feels like when it goes (replaced twice in 5 years).. I had a belt and compressor replaced 3 months ago.. something with the AC..

Side question how to get into the trunk for the battery if I can't open the trunk

Thanks for reading!!! I hope someone can help point me in a direction to get us back home!!

Old 10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so I came across this video trying to find something that sounds similar..

A vacuum air pump.. would you say this sounds like one of my issues?

I'm going to try and charge the battery and see if I can get her powered up.. hoping to have a mechanic come by tomorrow to take a look..

Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I am not very familiar with the 1999+ Model Years, mainly because I try to avoid them.

Something electrical is obviously stuck on; that's what drained the battery, so you may need a new one now. Beyond that try to find a tech that knows these cars, esp that vintage. Let us know what they find.

Sorry can't be more help; I know it sucks to have car troubles while on the road..