Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2010 XC60 USB Port Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 XC60 USB Port Issues

Thought the user community might be able to help me with an issue.

We are the original owners of a 2010 XC60. We use the USB port in the arm rest to connect our iPhones, primarily to listen to iTunes audio.

We've had intermittent problems over the years with the USB port not recognizing an attached device.

Two years ago, the USB port stopped working at all. We brought it to our local dealership and they replaced the port. It started working again, but we still would experience intermittent connection issues with it not recognizing an attached device.

Over a month ago it stopped working again. We brought it to the dealership. Since the part was still under warranty, they replaced the port a second time.

A few weeks ago, the USB port stopped working yet again. Our local Volvo dealership is now telling us it will require a software patch, and that we will have to pay for the software patch.

USB is a commodity industry standard user interface. Hard to believe that Volvo would charge its customers a fee to maintain the usability of that interface? We don't understand why any such firmware update would not be a part of what the car receives during routine maintenance.

We called Volvo North America but they have yet to address our question. They instead sent us a coupon for service.

Curious if anyone else has experienced issues with the USB port and if their local dealership was able to resolve it.

I just can't rationalize throwing hundreds of dollars at a USB port. Could you imagine if Apple or Microsoft or Dell did that to their customers? Not my idea of luxury.