Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2018/19 - Would you buy this SUV again?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018/19 - Would you buy this SUV again?

Looking to trade my 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring for a fair loaded XC60. How has the reliability been? Any concerns you have about your vehicle? Would you buy it again? Likes/Dislikes? Consumer Reports gives it a poor reliability rating...otherwise, I love the vehicle and torn between the 18 XC60 AWD or the the 2019 Acura RDX Advance Package.

Any help or thoughts/input is greatly appreciated. Thank you all, in advance, for your support!

Old 08-29-2018, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help you very much with the reliability aspect of your query, but I can tell you that we had 2018 T6 AWD XC60 as a loaner car for two three day periods (we were having a rather pernicious problem with our 2013 XC60 that was apparently quite difficult to pinpoint and resolve) and I can state that we were both very satisfied with all of the aspects of the vehicle we were able to figure out (being a loaner, no owner's manual was present so there was a WHOLE lot we didn't understand or try to mess with). It was extremely comfortable both for around town an highway driving and felt very "tight" in the steering and suspension. Kind of a sea change for us from our 2013 XC60 with respect to the user interface but it was reasonably intuitive so we didn't make complete fools of ourselves. The "active fuel management" (my term for the vehicle shutting off at extended stops) was sort of hard to get used to but after a while we adjusted fairly well. My primary dislike over our 2013 T6 XC60 is that the new T6 requires premium fuel and failure to use it invalidates the warranty (per the dealer). When we got our 2013 T6 they recommended premium fuel but did not require it and I have not experienced any adverse effects from not using it. Don't know if this helps or not, but I thought I'd put it out there for consideration.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:25 PM

We've had ours for a few months now. I've enjoyed driving the car, but still prefer my BMW 3-Series for better handling (I know, comparing apples to oranges here). It's been reliable so far, but there is a problem with engine management. It's a known issue where the computer is having issues properly managing fuel delivery during hard acceleration (one of the reasons you by a T6). A software update is in the works, but is not available yet. Took some time to adapt to all of the safety features (and there'a LOT of them), but fairly intuitive once you're settled in. Management from my iPhone app has been fantastic compared to BMW too.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Talking

We just purchased a new 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription and are enjoying the heck out of it. Already thinking a head a few years to replace it with another new one!!!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:30 PM

I researched this vehicle for about six months before it was released. I had a Toyota FJ Cruiser for 10 years, and an Audi A4 for 8 years before the Toyota. I was spoiled by the low maintenance, highly reliable Toyota, but the gas mileage was horrible and it’s 2007 technology was primitive. I had a horrible experience was the Audi, always had it in the shop.

I was going between the Land Rover Evoque, the Audi Q5 and the XC60. It was the amazing safety features and ratings of the Volvo, along with the higher quality interior and electronics and great gas mileage that won me over. I also loved the exterior look of the car over the other two. I have had the car for almost 10 months and I don’t regret a thing. I splurged on the GPS dashboard and 20” wheels on the Momentum vs the Inscription with less options for the same price and it was well worth it. I get tons of compliments on it too

also, just want to point out that you can customize your driving mode to eliminate the eco setting that shuts the engine down when sitting idle...I live in Florida and it’s too dang hot to sit in traffic without the AC going full blast��

Last edited by doxielov; 09-04-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:47 AM

Coming up on a year I've had no issues so far, almost at 12000 miles. I'm fairly certain I got one of the first ones delivered to the U.S. as it was still manufactured in Sweden (I think manufacturing is now in China). When I picked the vehicle up it had a bad speaker that was promptly serviced and replaced no issues. The rear brakes are very slightly noisy under random conditions and at my 10,000 mile service the service center replaced them under warranty to a "newer" part, alleviating most of the problem.

Yeah, so far I'd probably get one again (maybe the T8 if the are more available). The twin charged motor (plus Polstar update) has amazing power (almost as fun as my S4, but not quite, and not as loud). The dog loves it with the seats down. It gets awesome highway road trip mileage. The driver assist tech is awesome. The air suspension is a noticeable upgrade.

I'm comparing it to recent cars I've had, VW Tourage V6 and TDI, Audi Q3 and S4, Honda CRV.

The only nit I have which I think is resolved is it came with summer tires on rare size wheels and my only option was one set of winter tires (literally picked it up and drove straight to Discount Tire for winter tires because it was starting to snow, and those tires were freakin' expensive). Now I think there are a number of the usual all season tires available aftermarket.