Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Anyone with a '22 XC60 and actually happy with it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sort of happy.

Originally Posted by PKX1234
Very happy with mine. Some buggy software but nothing major and the overall experience has exceeded my expectations. I compared the X3 and Q5 and really preferred the Volvo.
The problem with the X3 and especially the Q5 is the seats. The Q5 had the worst seats I've ever sat in -- fit only for a small child or petite woman. That is to say, the seats that come with the Q5 top trim level that actually include a HUD -- you cannot "downgrade" to the seats that are reasonably comfortable. If anyone else is still reading and is curious: The Early 2022 Volvo XC60 T8 Recharge I own has some nice things: in particular the seats are way more comfortable than the Audi or BMW, and if you like Android the instrument cluster has an excellent Google Maps built in along with a pretty functional 'hey Google' to adjust seat warmers and interior temp and whatnot. It also has the 4-corner air suspension so you can raise and lower the ride. This turned out to be very big to me. If I need to roll onto a gravel drive or construction site I love being able to put it in Off Road before I do so (raises the ride height considerably). In other ways, it's lacking: such as no more massaging seats (boo, hiss) and the lack of an adjustable headrest (which really drives me nuts, but I'm 6'3"). Also, definitely get the new Extended Range if you get the hybrid -- I wish I'd waited a little while for the Late 2022 but my old car was not worth dumping money into to keep it running well for another few months.

Sometimes I wish I'd gotten the Lincoln Corsair as it was more comfortable and luxurious, but the cameras were potatoes and the infotainment screen was pathetic. The 2023 Corsair should be much better but it still won't have an air suspension to adjust the ride height at all. Unless you really want the XC60 size car (compact but not too-compact SUV), I would consider a BMW X5. Fully loaded they are not too far off in price and you get a lot more car than the XC60. I'd also take a look at the Genesis GV70 and even a Buick Envision (WAY less money). There was no perfect option for me out there, and there may not be for you either, but if you have an iPhone and lots of money you might also consider a Porsche Macan. Frankly, unless you are looking only at luxury brands I'd just go get a Hyundai Tucson. You can check out the GV70 at the same time. Lexus RX might also be worth a look, especially if one is buying for a wife (lousy tech and headroom with Lexus which a woman will never notice).

The following users liked this post:
M__ (07-10-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 12:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even after reading the horrific threads on this forum, I bit the bullet and drove home with a 22 xc60 b5 inscription yesterday.

The software installed is 2.0.

Coming from a 2014 ml350 I did not have Apple Car Play.

From the outrage I've read, I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

The bluetooth in the xc60 connects and plays music just fine.

If and when Apple Car Play is available, I guess it will make the xc60 that much better.

Setting up multiple profiles took a bit. We took our time to customize them. My wife and I so far are super happy with our purchase.

We test drove EVERY comparable option and the xc60 by far drove the nicest and contained the most options for the price. The auto pilot feature is sick! Car literally drives it self. So smooth.

We opted for the extended 110k 6year warranty. So if anything happens, we're covered.

M__ (07-10-2022)
Old 05-10-2022, 08:53 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dinero305
Even after reading the horrific threads on this forum, I bit the bullet and drove home with a 22 xc60 b5 inscription yesterday.

If and when Apple Car Play is available, I guess it will make the xc60 that much better.

Setting up multiple profiles took a bit. We took our time to customize them. My wife and I so far are super happy with our purchase.

We test drove EVERY comparable option and the xc60 by far drove the nicest and contained the most options for the price. The auto pilot feature is sick! Car literally drives it self. So smooth.

We opted for the extended 110k 6year warranty. So if anything happens, we're covered.
Please keep us updated on any problems you have, especially with the infotainment system, GPS, and the 12-volt battery.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dinero305

Did you test drive the Genesis GV70? I took one out a month ago after seeing that it won the motortrend SUV of the year and I was absolutely blown away. I got my XC60 B5 Inscription with a sticker of ~$62k in August 2021 and it's been incredibly disappointing. The GV70 2.5t Sport Prestige is way better equipped, better put together, and CHEAPER (MSRP $54k). It's even got stuff our Volvos don't have, like Android Auto and Carplay (it comes with them installed), blind spot cameras, massaging driver seat, rear window shades, remote start (via keyfob and with app), auto lane changing when in Auto Pilot mode (you just put on the turn signal and the car checks your blind spot and moves over for you), and it has this creeper function that will pull the car in and out of parking spots if it's too tight for you to get in. In addition, it has a 5yr/100k warranty. I put money down on one and now just have to wait for it to be delivered. I'm honestly kicking myself for not looking at the Genesis beforehand.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nyconc
I owned an inaugural 2010 (in 2009), replaced it with a 2019 and replaced that with a 2022 (to get AWD). The 2022 mechanically is an improvement over the 2019 (quieter cabin to name one improvement), but the infotainment system is a disaster. It is truly a beta (even version 1.8.1) and not ready for daily use. I have been to the dealer 3 or 4 times and with each visit they randomly try resetting this, unplugging that - tell me to give it 24 hours but nothing changes. Off the record I am told it is all software and there is nothing they can do. I cannot get answers from the dealer or Customer Support as to when issues will be addressed and both parties point me back to the other. I am escalating it at Volvo looking for acknowledgement that I bought a car with advertised capabilities that the car has not delivered in 3 months and counting. Here is a list of my common problems:
  • Car will not remote start - I can unlock doors, but not start car (really sucks on a -20 degree day)
  • Cell connection to the car drops regularly causing a myriad of problems – if I want reliability I have to activate the wifi and use my hot spot to power the car
  • The wireless phone charger alerts me of not charging at every turn – basically if the phone moves a fraction of an inch it disconnects – I disabled it
  • Voice to text recognizes my voice, correctly prints my request on the screen, and then does something else (texts or calls the wrong person)
  • The apps are buggy – one podcast app would auto start playing on car startup and never stop, playing over top of every other audio source
  • Two different google voices appear at different times
  • Amazon Prime music is very buggy - throws up errors - no access to podcasts, no HD
  • All web content generally inaccessible for a few minutes after start-up
  • No HD audio music at all – I paid for a Harmon Kardon stereo but I cannot play quality audio:
    • No HD radio - big, disappointing surprise after purchase
    • Bluetooth codec in the car cannot stream HD quality
    • Cannot wire connect my phone to the car as an audio source
    • Cannot connect a USB drive to the car to stream audio files
    • The apps appear to restrict HD streaming – Prime Music specifically grays out that feature despite my account allowing it
    • Unless I use my hotspot, the audio apps do not play smoothly anyway
  • No Android Auto – well known issue of course but ironically it would solve most of these problems
  • All sorts of glitches like the TA trip odometer not resetting, rear seat temps in Celsius and on and on
  • Heads up display cannot be customized – I turned mine off as all I wanted was speed – easily done in my old car
  • No sound mix setting or audio system adjustments beyond bass/treble/fade – again a $57,000 car with a transistor radio audio system
  • No way to customize dash display – its map or no map
  • Google maps is a different screen than in Android Auto and the blue line representing my navigation route blends with the blue interstate road colors – Google has this right in their app but not here
  • There is no paper manual, and the online manual gives a disclaimer message that it will no longer be updated - what content there is exceedingly brief and not helpful as compared to typical car manuals
The TA used to work perfectly up until the 1.7 update was pushed. Since then it resets whenever it feels like it. Sometimes it acutally resets after 4 hours of not using the car, other times it'll go a week. That tiny thing not working is a real slap in the face from Volvo because it's a constant reminder of how poor their customer service and attention to quality are. (Before anyone comments, I only reset the TM when I fill up)

Old 05-10-2022, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ooo.a.volvo
Did you test drive the Genesis GV70? I took one out a month ago after seeing that it won the motortrend SUV of the year and I was absolutely blown away. I got my XC60 B5 Inscription with a sticker of ~$62k in August 2021 and it's been incredibly disappointing. The GV70 2.5t Sport Prestige is way better equipped, better put together, and CHEAPER (MSRP $54k). It's even got stuff our Volvos don't have, like Android Auto and Carplay (it comes with them installed), blind spot cameras, massaging driver seat, rear window shades, remote start (via keyfob and with app), auto lane changing when in Auto Pilot mode (you just put on the turn signal and the car checks your blind spot and moves over for you), and it has this creeper function that will pull the car in and out of parking spots if it's too tight for you to get in. In addition, it has a 5yr/100k warranty. I put money down on one and now just have to wait for it to be delivered. I'm honestly kicking myself for not looking at the Genesis beforehand.

I actually did. However, the prices for the GV70 here in Miami were more than you mentioned. I was able to negotiate a good price for the Volvo from $59,350 to $55,500. We have all the auto pilot and blind spot / pedestrian features you mentioned. Im sure you are going to enjoy your g70 as much as I am enjoying our's. Good luck!

Old 05-13-2022, 11:17 PM

I have been considering replacing my mother's '13 XC60 T6 with a newer model. I recently bought a CPO '21 V60 CC and have been loving it. The Sensus OS is a bit laggy and I do miss some tactile buttons to change settings, but the ride quality and comforts have been a huge upgrade from my VW SportWagen and GTI. My folks loved the many upgrades and with the many enhanced safety features, I started looking to replace our '13 XC60.

With rising fuel prices, I have been specifically looking for a '21 Pine Gray hybrid with the Advanced and Climate Packages with little luck. The hybrid seems like it would be enough for most of my folks' short drives around town. A pure electric may be too much for them to manage now, until they get used to plugging in a car to charge. Threads like this one about the '22s are scaring me off of getting a '22 or '23 and looking only for a '20 or '21. Seems like the Google integration is not fully ready.

Just wondering if this is a sound strategy. Our '13 is still great, though I wanted to upgrade their car mostly for the safety features.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by msantram
I have been considering replacing my mother's '13 XC60 T6 with a newer model. I recently bought a CPO '21 V60 CC and have been loving it. The Sensus OS is a bit laggy and I do miss some tactile buttons to change settings, but the ride quality and comforts have been a huge upgrade from my VW SportWagen and GTI. My folks loved the many upgrades and with the many enhanced safety features, I started looking to replace our '13 XC60.

With rising fuel prices, I have been specifically looking for a '21 Pine Gray hybrid with the Advanced and Climate Packages with little luck. The hybrid seems like it would be enough for most of my folks' short drives around town. A pure electric may be too much for them to manage now, until they get used to plugging in a car to charge. Threads like this one about the '22s are scaring me off of getting a '22 or '23 and looking only for a '20 or '21. Seems like the Google integration is not fully ready.

Just wondering if this is a sound strategy. Our '13 is still great, though I wanted to upgrade their car mostly for the safety features.

I was so nervous before signing the papers that I purchased the extra warranty. We have only had it a week however, we have had 0 problems so far.
You can't compare the ride and zippiness of the xc60 compared to our previous 14 ml350. The ml350 was a tank and after the engine mounts wore. Mercedes wanted almost 2g's to replace them. We put our money towards a new car and so glad we did. The 22 is a mild hybrid. When at a light it will go quiet. When you are ready to go, you do not even notice the car waking up. Other cars we test drove felt like the car was restarted each time you hit the gas from a stop. I would recommend the 2022. The software has been updated to work out the bugs listed in this thread. They will update more and soon. Every time my wife has traveled with me she has fallen asleep in the passenger seat. She said that the car is so comfortable and quiet that she can't help take a nap. I personally love the auto pilot assist. No more nagging from the wife that Im driving crazy. Set the pace and go. The car drives it's self. The only thing I will say is that driving around town I have only been getting around 15mpg. I did drive maybe 40miles on the highway yesterday and I was able to bump up to 18. I am hoping this will go up more overtime.

M__ (07-10-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Still on the fence about the 22/23's. Need to go test drive one to compare. Debating if I will add the extended warranty on the V60. Can you share terms of your extension?

The only MB I ever see buying in the future would be an E63. We got out of my dad's '13 GLK 250 because the HPFP blew. Moved him into a '16 Q3. It is a great size for what he needs, though a newer XC60 would certainly be an upgrade. We had been looking for gasoline ones, though the hybrid is the way. Tried to convince her to switch to all electric, though baby steps.

One other reservation I have with the 22/23's is the Google integration. We prefer iOS so hoping they update OS integration options soon.

Old 05-14-2022, 01:04 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I have no idea of market availability for one or two year old models but my '21 XC60 T8 lives up to my expectations in spades. See the equip list in my signature. IMHO, the last model with Sensus Nav performs very well. Some people have called it quirky but I've not experienced any of that, matter of fact it's one of the best systems I've had. If you can find a used one, you should be very happy with it. There are many tricks to discover in the on-board manual. NAV upgrades are lifetime I believe.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cruiter:
Dinero305 (05-14-2022), msantram (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 05:52 AM

That is indeed the best setup, Jim! I am looking for that config :-) I had been looking for allroads for a few months, though could not find the right config. Agreed that the Sensus OS in the 21's is fine. My friend got a V60 last Sept and i just happened to find a CPO last month with the exact config as yours, just not hybrid. This will certainly be the last gas car in our family. Thx for the feedback.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC60 challenges

Originally Posted by Ooo.a.volvo
I wish I had, they were out of stock so I went and found a very loaded XC60 inscription B6, over 67k. I love the ride, comfort and look by as all the prev mentions there are little buggy things that make it tough but today I pulled into a store, put in park and left it running g while I went in quick. When I returned the car would actually start as it had turned off. Called roadside and nothing they tried work so I’m in Western Carolina, no Uber around and they couldn’t find a way to get me home or a tow truck until morning.

I had looked into trading it a couple weeks back and was getting numbers around 53k with only 3k In miles so essentially 15k hit after driving off lot and dealer told me that was normal. Hmm when I was buying it they told me how well they retain their value!

I don’t know if I feel like taking a 15k hit but as it heads to the shop, now every time I go somewhere it’s back of mind will it start this time.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:25 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default XC60 Dead Again

Went to go out yesterday and the car would not start. Called Volvo no help. They would tow it to the nearest dealer which is 2 hrs from my house but when it got fixed and they had no idea when they would not tow it back to me. I have a BMW that when it needs work they pick it up and bring it back. They care about customers. So my son in law came down to visit and looked up the problem on a mechanics board and found many fixes for this one which was just unplugging the 48 volt battery in the trunk. After that it started right up.

What a POS this car is. Don't buy any Volvo as they do not support customers A $62,000 paperweight.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:12 PM

Which model year is your XC60? Assuming yours is a '22...

Old 05-23-2022, 07:20 AM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Yes

XC60 Inscription 2022

Old 05-23-2022, 09:28 AM

That is indeed the best setup, Jim! I am looking for that config :-) I had been looking for allroads for a few months, though could not find the right config. Agreed that the Sensus OS in the 21's is fine. My friend got a V60 last Sept and i just happened to find a CPO last month with the exact config as yours, just not hybrid. This will certainly be the last gas car in our family. Thx for the feedback.
Don't know where you're from but Thursday I had my 1st annual done. While there, I walked the inventory (out of habit), and it was pretty weak due to chip shortages. However, they did have two new T8's in the lot. A black one w/inscription and a sticker of $67K and a white one like mine but had the nice radio and a sticker of $72K. It was North Point Volvo in Alpharetta GA in case anyone was interested.
I knew in March my electric heater had gone out (seems to be an issue here in the forum), but as winter was near gone and in Hybrid mode if needed, I could generate heat from the engine. They verified it with the diagnostic test and ordered a new unit. If yours breaks, take care of it under warranty, that sucker is $1400 & change just for the part. It's called the HVCU or something like that. Other than that, the car is perfect in every respect. Two hours in & out, there were no downloads recommended.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:32 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
........ Thursday I had my 1st annual done............ there were no downloads recommended.
What Software Version is in your Car?

Old 05-23-2022, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
What Software Version is in your Car?

I'll check in a bit when I'm in the car. But it's a '21, last model with Sensus rather than Google OS. If you have a '22, I'm sure our software versions will be different. Going on a year now with no real issues.

Old 05-23-2022, 04:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up my 2022 XC60 Recharge Extended a few weeks back. Haven't driven it too much yet (only about 90 miles). But so far I'm happy with it. With the plugin charging, the gas mileage seems through the roof (with local driving). For those 90 something miles, I've plugged it in maybe 3-4 times so far overnight. The gas still appears to be full.

My only complaint is the foot activated tailgate going off accidentally when I walked behind the car in my small garage (so it tried to open and almost hit my garage door).

Other than that, so far so good...

Mrcadillac (06-15-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Don't know where you're from but Thursday I had my 1st annual done. While there, I walked the inventory (out of habit), and it was pretty weak due to chip shortages. However, they did have two new T8's in the lot. A black one w/inscription and a sticker of $67K and a white one like mine but had the nice radio and a sticker of $72K. It was North Point Volvo in Alpharetta GA in case anyone was interested.
I knew in March my electric heater had gone out (seems to be an issue here in the forum), but as winter was near gone and in Hybrid mode if needed, I could generate heat from the engine. They verified it with the diagnostic test and ordered a new unit. If yours breaks, take care of it under warranty, that sucker is $1400 & change just for the part. It's called the HVCU or something like that. Other than that, the car is perfect in every respect. Two hours in & out, there were no downloads recommended.
Thx Jim. I actually saw some cars on their website. I am in PA near DE. Yesterday I filled up the '13. $74.26 to fill the 17 gallon tank with Regular Gasoline at $4.49/gallon at Costco. This is the last time filling up the tank. May have found a few Recharge options, though now I just want to learn how often you may need to fill up and what impact charging has had on your monthly electric bill. If you do not mind sharing.

Last edited by msantram; 05-24-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a '22 XC60 and actually happy with it?