Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Software update 2.1 released today

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 01:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey lance, I just updated mine over the air and luckily (knock on wood) the update was successful and did NOT brick the car. I will tell you that I was very hesitant to update but my wife just went ahead and did it thinking it was okay so I consider myself very fortunate. I am extremely hesitant about electronics in many cars especially Volvos. I purchased my first Volvo, a brand new 2021 XC40 Recharge and that thing was an absolute DUD!!! Had to have it towed back to the dealership 3 times in 6 months and it spent 4 out of the 5 months in service. Luckily the Volvo dealership worked with me to return and trade the vehicle for my XC60 Recharge T8 R extended range which we've been much happier with but I am still leery about the electronics. Just so you know, while getting towed I was discussing my issues with a couple of the tow truck drivers and Volvos are NOT the only problematic vehicles. They were telling me that business for tow truck drivers have been BOOMING because most of the new cars are ALL having electrical problems; i.e. Tesla (tow truck drivers HATE all EVs), Audis, etc. If you research the various automobile forums for EVs, you will find a host of folks complaining about some issues; i.e. charging, range, etc. I agree with you that the XC60 Recharge is fun to drive and comfortable so I'm just rubbing a rabbit's foot that the electronics don't sour the good feeling I have towards the car. Take care.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer in west palm basically lied to me when i purchased 2022 xc60 dec 2021. They said apple car play is going to be available within a month. They also said Waze is available since it is owned by android. Neither can be installed. the google map is monochromatic, doesn't show traffic lights or other landmarks. I contacted Volvo headquarters at the suggestion of dealership and they told me to speak to dealer--lovely. Perhaps there should be a class action lawsuit as they promised flexible technology and updates which I doubt will ever happen at the rate they are going

Old 06-21-2022, 02:38 AM

Showing on my 2022 XC60 this morning. Seems to be downloading something as system memory is at 38gb

Updates in software V2.2

• Introduction of Apple CarPlay.
  • Video apps can now be used in the car when parked. Video apps will be available in Google Play Store at a later time.
  • Reduced rate of false “no entry” traffic sign alerts.
  • Improved compatibility with iPhone, including wireless charging.
  • Drivetrain optimisation adjustments.

Old 06-26-2022, 09:02 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Interestingly the 2.1 update has not been offered over the air for our XC60. Had recent work done at the dealer (installing a hitch) which required some interaction with the software and interestingly the dealer did not install update 2.1, as I checked and our car is still running the 2.0 version. This makes me think that maybe the 2.1 update was pulled by Volvo and dealers instructed not to install it when vehicles came in for servicing. Apparently the 2.2 version is becoming available, which includes Apple Carplay, but is being offered overseas first. I guess they will be the guinea pigs for the new update (I belive it is small market Thailand). Maybe Volvo is getting smarter and testing the updates in small markets first in case there are issues and then going for the largest markets if no issues arise.

Old 06-26-2022, 12:16 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

My dealer installed 2.1 on my 2022 B5 on June 17 when it was in for service.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big O
Interestingly the 2.1 update has not been offered over the air for our XC60. Had recent work done at the dealer (installing a hitch) which required some interaction with the software and interestingly the dealer did not install update 2.1, as I checked and our car is still running the 2.0 version. This makes me think that maybe the 2.1 update was pulled by Volvo and dealers instructed not to install it when vehicles came in for servicing. Apparently the 2.2 version is becoming available, which includes Apple Carplay, but is being offered overseas first. I guess they will be the guinea pigs for the new update (I belive it is small market Thailand). Maybe Volvo is getting smarter and testing the updates in small markets first in case there are issues and then going for the largest markets if no issues arise.
Did you specifically ask the dealer to install 2.1 ?
Mine was updated to 2.1 last week just prior to delivery
Not sure what you are saying is correct about small markets being first, generally the opposite in my experience (not just Volvo). The Volvo app and remote start has only just rolled out here in the UAE

Old 07-21-2022, 10:20 AM
Default Xc60 T8 One pedal drive changes

Hi all. I just got software update 2.1 today and I noticed that when in 'One pedal drive' (B mode for the gearbox and creep mode off) Prior to update the car would come to a stop nicely and not roll on.

Now it seems to get to the end of the regen (at about 5 or 6kmh) and then barely slow down at all. it basically just rolls until you use the break pedal. Prior to update it was easy to bring the car to a stop without using the break pedal. Now it feel like you have to touch the break pedal.

Has anyone else noticed this change or is it just me? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-10-2022, 09:36 AM

How does the Google map based navigation works in areas without internet/mobile coverage? We still have some 'black holes' with zero network. How does google navigation in Volvo behave when you take a wrong turn while having no connection?

Old 08-11-2022, 02:44 PM

In my short Volvo experience but also with cellphone Google maps: one you have dialed in a destination your map is downloaded and directions continue even if you have no mobile or internet coverage. (I assume there is some GPS capability in the system. However when you try to search for new destination, you must have mobile coverage (or less likely : hotspot or wifi coverage).

Old 08-12-2022, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by RtrdNeo
In my short Volvo experience but also with cellphone Google maps: one you have dialed in a destination your map is downloaded and directions continue even if you have no mobile or internet coverage. (I assume there is some GPS capability in the system. However when you try to search for new destination, you must have mobile coverage (or less likely : hotspot or wifi coverage).
And what if you would make a wrong turn and drive a bit, will the Google navigation still manage to redirect you properly back to your route (without mobile coverage)?

Old 08-12-2022, 10:27 AM

I believe yes . Once the map and destination is in your phone ( and I assume your Volvo) the communication works . New destination not possible - and if you try you may have lost the old map.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:17 PM
Default Yeah this update with display doesn’t work for me.

This new driver display sucks one of the things I enjoyed about the car was the way the map appeared on the whole screen with the option of calm mood if I wanted. This new update with map smaller and gauges showing should be a option if we want it that way and it’s not the case. Also Apple CarPlay and android auto was supposed to be wireless not wired I have the car sticker that shows it too.