Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 2022 Nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Today’s email

Originally Posted by FirstandLast
I have my 2022 XC60 B6 for 2 months and it is the quirkiest vehicle I ever had. I have experienced the tire pressure issue as did others. The Android Auto feature seems to be an empty promise. The front sensors and rear camera seem to stop working for no reason, and then come back days later. If I have my seat belt off and open the driver's door, the car shuts off. Often Google is offline. If the car is off for a few days, the radio station I was on is not remembered. Never mentioned by the sales staff that there is no AM radio capability. A critical flaw. The freeways often have signs requesting you to turn to an AM station for critical traffic or other info. Salesman claimed that the vehicle could be remote started with the app, but all that happens is the fan blows hot air (about as much as the salesman did).
The dealership keeps saying that a software update "may" fix these problems, but they offer no insight as to when the update will occur. They also say that if the problem is not occurring at the time, there is no sense in bringing the vehicle in for service.
Do we need to investigate entering into a class action lawsuit to address these issues? Are these issues severe enough to file "lemon law" claims?
Has anyone received any positive responses from their dealerships or from Volvo corporate?
Today I received an email “Software updates”
upon reading it there was a click here button to see details about the update. I did this and it took me to a blank page - how ironic, they can’t even get email software correct. Volvo should fire its entire tech team if they can’t even send out a proper email. After contacting Volvo they sent me a new link and I was able to open it. Much to my disappointment, the software updates were minimal. Still no Polestar, No Apple CarPlay, no upgrades to Volvo cars app which still only locks the doors and remotely starts the car - no gps, no car metrics, etc.
I have suggested to Volvo that they extend the owner’s warranty to begin upon completion of the software. If they won’t do anything for the owners I would certainly join a class action lawsuit. Volvo has sold portions of their car which are not even available (Polestar).

Old 02-25-2022, 09:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got the same email with a link to that blank screen..wth. It's probably just the link to the software release notes which are available in your car as well under the system tab.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:32 AM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Only to inform you all the owners of new xc60 my22, my car is almost a week in service, because i had three times in a half year an unexpected issue with automatic gear, “ the car runs the engine speed up but the machine does not shift into gear, and you just sit there and can't do anything” had anybody the same problem?
now they have removed chassis and axle to repair the gear, this is terrible

Old 02-26-2022, 07:25 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by onevision
Only to inform you all the owners of new xc60 my22, my car is almost a week in service, because i had three times in a half year an unexpected issue with automatic gear, “ the car runs the engine speed up but the machine does not shift into gear, and you just sit there and can't do anything” had anybody the same problem?
now they have removed chassis and axle to repair the gear, this is terrible
Wow that’s awful. How many miles did it have when the issue started? Does the dealer think it’s repairable?

Old 02-26-2022, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gallego
Wow that’s awful. How many miles did it have when the issue started? Does the dealer think it’s repairable?

i have 26000 km on it, and volvo agree with change of some components on the gear

Old 02-26-2022, 02:51 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by onevision
i have 26000 km on it, and volvo agree with change of some components on the gear
Gotcha. Thanks. Definitely too soon to be having those kinds of problems. I hope they can fix it fast or swap vehicles for you.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:14 PM
Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

I am tapping out.

20+ days in service in the first 1250 miles. Totally unacceptable.

Volvo has a buy back program for "lemons." You need to check your state lemon laws to see what it takes to qualify. It is a formal process and you need to follow it to the letter. You need to inform Volvo Corporate Customer Service that you are going to initiate a lemon law claim. You give Volvo the opportunity to fix the problem within 10 days. In my state, a car that has been in service for the same issue 3 times within 2 years or 24,000 miles will qualify for the Lemon Law. Or one time, unfixed, for a life threatening issue (no brakes, for example).

Google related issues - missing features, no Android Auto - will not qualify. Not having features that you didn't have when you bought the car will not qualify. Not being able to fix the GPS problem and constant connectivity problems will. Dashboard freezing will. Not shifting into gear will certainly qualify if it can't be fixed.

There seems to be two ways to approach the problem. You can use the legal system, contact and retain a lemon law attorney, and follow their advice. In my state, legal fees are covered, so if you win, Volvo pays your attorney. Your case will be reviewed by a Lemon Law judge in a Lemon Law court and a decision will be made. If you win, your car is legally declared a lemon and must be labeled as a lemon if it is resold.

The other way is to deal with Volvo directly. If you know that you already qualify as a lemon, you can spare everyone the legal process and attorney fees, and just ask for them to buy your car back without going through the lemon law courts. This is advantageous to Volvo, since they wont have to resell it as a lemon and wont have to pay for your attorney fees.

The biggest pain in the a$$ will be if/when they agree to buy your car back. You are then without a car until you get yourself a new car. Before doing anything, make sure you realize how long it is going to take to get a new car that you want, and figure out how you're going to manage the 8-12 weeks you wait for whatever car you order. Volvo will buy your car back, but they aren't paying for 2 months of a rental while you wait. So things can add up pretty quickly.

The following users liked this post:
Gallego (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 03:42 PM

Thank you for a big answer, here in europe is a big problem as you said a waiting list for a new car, almost more than a half a year, f.e. Mercedes wait time 10 months, terrible, also in my condition i have a claim to become a sparr volvo during the service time, but they have no volvo car available, as i said terrible, to all those who has no problem with the xc60, be happy ,some of us are not

Old 02-28-2022, 01:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default So angry

I have had mine since Oct. I bought the car in sept and none of the electronics worked so they took it back and gave me a loaner for 3 weeks until they found another one. We didn’t know how many issues there would be and thought it was just a fluke.
My app still does not work and continues to say that the car is in use. Also I have not gotten one “door unlocked” notification whereas my 2018 xc90 happened all of the time. Today owner customer care said it would expedite my case. Who knows. They had the nerve to send a coupon for 30% off accessories for all of my trouble. What a joke!!!
Last week the turn signal didn’t work. Today the Bluetooth button on steering wheel is completely dead. I have had it. I am nervous that there may be safety issues that won’t work.
i would love to be part of the class action suit. Not sure how to go about it. I love the way the car drives but shouldn’t have to deal with all of this other stuff.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On Second 2022XC 60, better not issue free

I got a 2022 without much thought to replace my previous one. At delivery everything worked. 24 hours latter lost internet connectivity and the navigation wouldn’t work. Then other systems started to fail too, like On Call, Bluetooth Keyless entry… Ordering the parts would take over a month, Volvo bought the car back and gave me a different one - it was surprisingly easy. On the new one, everything worked except remote start and handsfree rear door opening - have appointment next week to look into these. It so happens that after 1.10 was installed, remote start started working. No luck with the rear door.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by onfus
. It so happens that after 1.10 was installed, remote start started working. No luck with the rear door.
...which is strange because remote start is not part of the release notes for 1.10.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=CoKroVolvo;508882]...which is strange because remote start is not part of the release notes for 1.10.[/QUOTE

You are right - there is nothing explicitly stated on the release notes. Maybe all it needed was some type of restart/reinstall that could not be triggered otherwise? Thanks

Old 03-03-2022, 04:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Message from dealer

Went to my dealership today.
They told me a major software update due within a month or two to address "issues"
Will not be over the air
Keeping my fingers crossed

The following 2 users liked this post by rtwendel@me.com:
Chammet (04-12-2022), Cornfield (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

The dealer told you that it won't be over the air. I wonder why Volvo Customer Care is not telling this to the thousands of dissatisfied customers.

Barnstablerw (04-06-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 11:18 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Why do you people take everything that dealers say so literally? They don't know ****. Wait until Volvo actually releases the update and whine about it if it is indeed not an OTA. Until then stay calm and take what dealers say with pinch of salt.

981KMAN (03-07-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Yup, waste of money

I made the same mistake and bought the 2022 XC 60. Nothing but problems and misrepresentations. The latest problem was an ota update that failed. The car was compketely dead after that. Volvo told ne to contact Volvo on Call to have it towed. It took over 3 hours to get a company in another state to pick up the car. The dealer wiped the car clean and reinstalled all the software. It was good for two days. I went to the grocery store and when I came out, it would not start. Called the dealer from the dead car and have not had a call back yet, 20 hours later.

Originally Posted by KegsMcSorley
Hi there,

First time poster so forgive me if in wrong area.

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache. Volvo cannot take the car to investigate for a few weeks so I am hoping to get some advice here.

1. TPMS system warning. Comes on intermittendly. All tyre pressures are green in Car status. Seems to be the monitoring system at fault.
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
3. Volvo on call. Stopped working last week. Says I need to pair a phone which is already paired. No option to remove it.
4. Google services not working. No radio, no DAB etc. Just stuck on loading data....

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?

Regards,

Gitte (04-20-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Default A class action lawsuit needs to be started

This like so many other issues are getting worse as Volvo does not want to acknowledge that these conditions exist. This Volvo is a travesty that needs attention, action and for Volvo to speak out to the customers that have purchased them. I saw someone on this board has recommended that Volvo extend the warranty from the period of time that these fixes are implemented. Sounds like something that at least would help all the customers that have purchased this unfinished disaster. Thoughts?

Barnstablerw (04-06-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 11:50 AM

Put me on the list for the class action.....

Gitte (04-20-2022)
Old 04-06-2022, 11:54 AM

You like thousands of others have the same issue. When is Volvo at least going to acknowledge they have a problem and a timeline for remediation.

Old 04-06-2022, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by BruceS
You like thousands of others have the same issue. When is Volvo at least going to acknowledge they have a problem and a timeline for remediation.
When the global supply chain issues subside and they can get enough replacement chips / modems to issue a recall.
So, not for a while.

BrianJohnPaul (07-07-2022)

Quick Reply: XC60 2022 Nothing but problems