Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 2022 Nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 09:50 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by coasterwiggs
I also hate that the air conditioner stops blowing at every red light. I live in a very hot and humid city and don't want the cold air to stop. Is there anyway to prevent this? I dislike the random order of my phone favorites too. Rileybird, my 2022 Inscription has a small cargo net on the back left of the cargo area.
When we're in stop and go traffic, I turn off the "start/stop function" engine off option. It can be annoying. But, in my 2017 it can be turned off. The older P3 platform XC60s has the off button on the center console.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:39 AM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Whooosh... After reading through this thread I'm convinced that I should NOT give up my 2017 XC90 or my older XC60s. Those things are solid. Haven't had any problems with the newer generation XC90 either. (knock on wood)
Agree. Although it's difficult to accurately gauge the reliability of the newest Volvos (people will typically find it easier to complain than to praise), being an early adopter of new car models, traditionally, has never been a good thing to do. As a first-time owner of a Volvo (factory ordered 2020 V90 Inscription T6 AWD), I was initially hesitant to purchase my wagon due to reliability concerns. However, realizing that the 2020 model was initially introduced several years prior provided some assurance that early bugs had been addressed. Fast-forward to now, 22 months and 17K miles of ownership later, and the only issue that arose was a bug with BLIS, which was corrected with a software update. Perhaps, in a few years, as Volvo and Google improve their partnership and resolve their tech issues, things will get to a point where it's safer to buy a new Volvo. Time will tell, but for now my belief is that Volvo/Google are at the "bleeding-edge", not the "leading-edge" stage of their tech rollout.

The following users liked this post:
b3freak (04-20-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 04:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rileybird
I am also a first timer to this forum. I have owned Volvos for 20 yrs. My husband surprised me and got me a new 2022 Volvo XC60 Inscription Model. I previously owned a 2019 Inscription. I am so disappointed with this vehicle and wish I could return it and get my old car back. Things I miss and don't have in the 2022 model
1. Apple CarPlay- would have never purchased this had we known it was available
2. This car doesn't have a compass in the rearview mirror
3. Back doesn't have the cargo netting on the side like my 2019 Inscription
4. I HATE that when I stop at a red light the car completely shuts off and that includes the air conditioner or heat blowing- Anyone know how to fix this???
5. I could adjust the speakers according to the music- clear, dynamic etc
6. The display you aren't able to customize with Chrome or red around speed- looks so basic!!
7. My favorites aren't listed in order for phone calls and they are all over the screen.
All around I am just disappointed!! I cannot wait to get rid of this vehicle in a few years!!
I have the same problems.
Also the app is not working. No location, no battery update, etc. Not happy.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default USB port stopped working

Among other issues..... I allowed the car to do the OTA update to V2.... I wish I hadn't because now the USB port is no longer recognised.... I use an app called audiowagon to read my music from a memory stick. The makers of the app are aware of the problem. I have contacted volvo and their response is that "they are moving toward streaming services and Bluetooth".
There is music on my phone too but to Bluetooth it you have to touch the phones screen to set it going, so not an option once already travelling.

I'm livid, I bought a car with a USB port, and in a fashion I could use it, but now with no warning from volvo they have removed that option.
Anyone else play music this way or am I way too old fashioned?
Jane in the UK

Old 04-20-2022, 12:12 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jane Darwin
I'm livid, I bought a car with a USB port, and in a fashion I could use it, but now with no warning from volvo they have removed that option.
Anyone else play music this way or am I way too old fashioned?
Jane in the UK
I feel ya... I let my Volvo update to V2 and now all the beer is missing in my garage refrigerator. I know the car did it.

coasterwiggs (04-21-2022)
Old 05-03-2022, 01:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=KegsMcSorley;501691]Hi there,

First time poster so forgive me if in wrong area.

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache.

I've had my car since 27 April;
it was towed 2 May.

Nothing worked. Key FOBs stopped working (BOTH). . 🆘 call did not work. Vovlo On Call did not work. Tow truck driver could not put it in neutral. Oh and the brakes locked up at a red light, and as I was reversing and the system reset itself while I was driving. THIS car is junk.

This is THE worst car. If I could return it, I would. DO NOT BUY the XC60 2022 B5 AWD.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:42 PM
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I am not a person that believes in getting the government involved but in this case something should be done..too many problems with too many cars.

Old 05-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Default Time for change

Dean.shaw@volvocars.com

I will not rest until this problem is dealt with. Everyone relies on their vehicle. Everyone requires safety from a vehicle. The purchase is too grand for one to set aside the issue and hope said problem is taken care of. It is time for action.

Please email and update contact information as it's needed so that we can all feel safe driving the vehicle or be presented with an option that one could live with.

Being in a vehicle that the brakes lock up is not my version of a wild adventure. I won't have people with me in fear of the What If? Yes, this is extreme but so was the Ford Explorer debacle (2000) and Ford was only forced to be accountable.

Change happens in groups and proper voices are heard when facts cannot be disputed. The fact is:
XC60 is faulty. Why are they still on the market and to until what degree does Volvo keep them on the road? When a death occurs, then an investigation is launched- that is too late.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:32 PM

Any suggestions on approach to have Volvo buy back a car that had multiple things fail within 24 hours of purchase? One repair (to the collision avoidance system) requires a part that is backordered. We're in this situation right now and so far the only solution is to use insurance to pay for $45/day car rental. We're trying by asking Volvo cc/Care by Volvo to cancel our contract. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2022, 07:35 PM

I have no idea. I'm contacting anyone and everyone at Volvo. I have calls out to set up a Class Action Lawsuit. Volvo should be ashamed. What happened? They used to be family, safety and reliability oriented. I won't buy another one.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Default Volvo refuses to admit there are problems

They won’t sell cars if the do and meanwhile those of us that have already purchased these “problems” are stuck.

Old 05-04-2022, 06:33 AM

Look up state Lemon Laws. Texas is within 6 months!!! Yaye. I'm filing to return the vehicle.

Old 05-05-2022, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by KegsMcSorley
Hi there,
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
For this point, it happened with me as well, then the dealer explained that due to chip shortage, they install a dummy sensor in the cars (except the ones on display, they keep a few real sensors at hand), and the sales lady showed me a list with all VINs sold recently without the sensor on a waiting list, and I will be called to fit the sensor when my turn comes up.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW pretty well in the same boat with my 2022 V60 Polestar. Screen restarts while driving (and changes the drive mode when it does that), wouldn't start, intermittent charging issues... the latter two are apparently caused by a software issue that was *known* when the sold me the car. So ~ 18 hours after I buy it I'm in a panic with my kid in the car and a brand new car that wouldn't start. Getting really poor service from the dealer I bought it from (Volvo Cars Burlingame in the Bay Area). I think I'm going to take your advice here and take it to another dealer...
Smells like the 2022 models have some significant software issues and the dealers and trying to hide/deflect the severity as much as possible. Volvo Customer Support is also useless. Seems odd for a company to so poorly support brand new buyers... shooting themselves in the foot for future sales!

Old 05-06-2022, 06:27 PM

Volvo is not acknowledging any of the issues. I am amazed as I have had several Volvo's and never had a problem. I think its shameful that the company is sitting on their hands and not addressing the customers. The have lost my business and I am sure thousands of others by not coming forward.

jclaybaugh (05-06-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 01:03 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If you are in Stop & Go Traffic with high temperatures, and wish to turn OFF the Auto Stop/Start so your AC keeps running, just place the transmission in Manual Mode. This will disable the Auto Stop/Start. Yes, you will have to manually shift to 2nd gear if the traffic speeds up, yet then you can simply switch the transmission back to Automatic mode.

Its a "Work Around", I would prefer the button to disable Auto Stop/Start all the time, yet this is a sign of the times......

Old 05-09-2022, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by jclaybaugh
FWIW pretty well in the same boat with my 2022 V60 Polestar. Screen restarts while driving (and changes the drive mode when it does that), wouldn't start, intermittent charging issues... the latter two are apparently caused by a software issue that was *known* when the sold me the car. So ~ 18 hours after I buy it I'm in a panic with my kid in the car and a brand new car that wouldn't start. Getting really poor service from the dealer I bought it from (Volvo Cars Burlingame in the Bay Area). I think I'm going to take your advice here and take it to another dealer...
Smells like the 2022 models have some significant software issues and the dealers and trying to hide/deflect the severity as much as possible. Volvo Customer Support is also useless. Seems odd for a company to so poorly support brand new buyers... shooting themselves in the foot for future sales!
IMO, it's a good idea to take your car to another dealer. Regarding dealer #1, there may be another explanation for them not being able to fix your car. They may not know how to fix it. Volvo introduced a ton of changes with their "Google" implementation, and I think the dealership service departments are hard-pressed to (a) understand the cause(s) of the issues and (b) how to fix them. In addition, software fixes may not be readily available. When presented with an issue that they can't diagnose or fix, I believe it's up to the service department to contact Volvo and ask for assistance. Perhaps, in dealing with your service department, it might be worthwhile to ask them if they have contacted Volvo to request assistance with your car.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:27 PM
Default Hitch Hike home! from dead car

Originally Posted by Jaim7
I have no idea. I'm contacting anyone and everyone at Volvo. I have calls out to set up a Class Action Lawsuit. Volvo should be ashamed. What happened? They used to be family, safety and reliability oriented. I won't buy another one.
I am ready to jump on the bandwagon, On Sunday I pulled into a dollar general to get a water from our drive home. Put the car in Park but left it "on" and my wife stayed in the car while I went in. When I returned it wasn't running as I assume it went into auto off but the car would not turn on.

Long story short after calling roadside asst and it being a Sunday in Western NC, they couldn't get us a ride home or a tow that day. We basically had to hitch hike home from asking someone in the store if they were heading our way and then finally the next day the tow company came and we had to drive back and meet them and they towed to closest dealership in Asheville, Only to have them tell me they are pretty booked up and would do their best to get to it but in her exact words said "It seems like the Volvo's are falling out the sky the last couple of weeks"

Now tell me anyone would trust this car again if the same thing happened. Thank god we were only about 15 minutes from our home and we had cell service and it happened in the store parking lot.

Put me down for any class action, these cars are not ready for the market, what happened to testing a product before mass release?

Old 05-24-2022, 01:23 PM

Bradpinn, what car do you have?

Old 05-24-2022, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by maggs
Bradpinn, what car do you have?
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription

Quick Reply: XC60 2022 Nothing but problems