Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

Bluetooth handsfree problem... please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth handsfree problem... please help

Hi there,
congratulation for this great idea and giving me the opportunity to share my problem and helping to find a solution together.

Here it goes.
I had no problem to connect my Blackberry Bold 9000 and use my car hands-free, making calls.
But recently after a half year it stopped working with successfully connected devices but i cant hear and the other can't hear me. I tried to remove the device from the car and from phone and pair them again, making my car trusted device from phone, but i still cant hear or speak nothing. Also I tried with other phone HTC Hero same no result.

One strange thing is with Blackberry when i press refresh services, asking again the car handsfree returns me only OPP service and removes the handsfree service.

Trying to think logically i think the problem is at the car bluetooth.
Looking over the settings for bluetooth and phone I didn't find nothing disturbing or something to catch for.

I can handle the technology stuffs because I'm working as IT, but now I'm in dead end.

Please, help me.

Regards,
Radoslav Miroslavov

Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Thumbs up Bluetooth issue

So i think i am having the same problem. is your bluetooth the factory built in? I have a 2010 S80 with the factory BT and and a Samsung phone and it wont dial sometimes, wont fill in the last 10 folders and sometimes will not answer. Like you I am in the IT filed and I know my phone. I think it might be the car too. Going back to dealer today to ask. Good luck,

Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 AM

The BT was defected and needed restart, also software update,

this is what fixed my problem

Old 02-20-2010, 12:49 PM

Was it the factory BT? Did the dealer do the update?

Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Default Bluetooth handsfree problem

Hi,

I am currently going through the same problem with my 2009 XC70. I used an old Samsung flip phone for over a year, with no connection problems, then my bluetooth connection started to get a bit dodgey - sometimes my phone wouldn't connet, sometimes my phone would appear to be connected, but it wouldn't answer. I took my car in to the dealership and they said that my bluetooth module required a firmware upgrade. The did the upgrade and my bluetooth stopped working entirely.

I now have a brand new Samsung Wave phone and I still can't get a consistent connection (same problems as before). I took my car back into the dealership and they tried pairing my car with 3 iPhones - none of which paired - and finally a Blackberry. The Blackberry paired immediately and worked just fine. They then retried pairing the 3 iPhones and found that they all worked. The dealership contacted Volvo and asked if there were any known bluetooth compatibility issues with Samsung phones, and Volvo said "no".

I've tried pairing my phone with 2 other non-Volvo vehicles and had no problems. However, when I tried pairing my phone with another identical 2009 XC70, it didn't work. My dealership has now decided that my bluetooth module needs replacing. Hopefully they're right.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Default V40 compatibility

Does anyone know if the new Nokia 3310 is compatible with the V40. I am having some trouble.
Thanks,
Dessie.