Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Row seat problem - head rest won't fold

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Row seat problem - head rest won't fold

Dear helpers,
I'm trying to help one of my relative. He requested me if I can get answer from the forum.

Problem :
He has a XC90; 7 seater; 2003 model. One of third row seat's head rest won't fold when bottom seat cushion completely goes inside and back rest fold down. I check the seat and figured that the back rest fold upto the point where the head rest stuck to the second row of the seat.
It's my understanding that the dealer metioned to him that he has to replace the cable. If that is the case, can you please tell me how to replace the cable, which seems to be inside the back rest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
KB

Old 11-07-2008, 11:40 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 3rd Row seat problem - head rest won't fold

I am an 850 driver and am unable to help you with this one. The XC90 forum seems slow so try posting threads in General Volvo Chat in case if you did not receive replies within a day or two.

I hope this gets you started. Good luck.

JPN

Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3rd Row seat problem - head rest won't fold

hello,

Im new to this forum so bear with me if my directions are not the best.
I had the same problem in my XC90, it is the cable and it is snapped. So now to the fun part explaining.

First you have to go the the truck area. Remove the top plastic cover near the head rest. Then the small cover that is spring loaded, it covers the end of the seat and pivots when you move the seat up and down. Under that you will see there are two hex screws take those off. Once those are off you should be able pull the back down and up exposing the inside of the seat. Un-hook the Leather and take off the padding. This will expose the metal frame. you will see a black cable running from the bottom of the seat to the top of the seat. Unscrew the plastic fitting housing the cable on the bottom of the seat and the top of the seat. it should be self explanatory from there. If not just email me or post on the forum and I will futher help you.

O and first get the part from Volvo ask for the headrest release cable, 3rd row seat.