Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Experinces with 3rd row seat? JUST HAD 3rd BABY!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experinces with 3rd row seat? JUST HAD 3rd BABY!

Hey guys- we have a '96T sedan and love it, but we just had 3rd baby. Now I've got a newborn, 2year old and a 3year old. We have been putting off going big with an SUV or minivan by adding a roof box last spring, and that really helped carrying strollers, pack and plays, and diapers.

Now with three children that need to be strapped in the dilemma is what vehicle allows easy access to three car seats for mom? Minivans and SUVs require you to climb in them to buckle up a kid in the back row- So I thought about a 3rd row wagon. Has anyone had a car seat in the rear seat, and is it pretty easy to access the 3rd row?

We'd still keep the sedan for me, but I'm thinking of getting a wagon too? Any input is welcome.

I found this in Chicago- he's proud of his car, but it may be a solid car:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

If any of you guys have a honey of a wagon with 3rd row seat that you are thinking of finding a good home for, let's talk. I has to be a turbo- no N/As please.

Can you get a GLT low-pressure turbo to perform as the Rs when you change out the turbo and flash the ECU or is there more to it?

Thanks!!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

I have a wife and five children...we all fit. The youngers that sit in the back complain sometimes because its cramped. Bottom line we all fit and thats what matters. I am beyond the car seat stage but this I know...its not easily accessible from the middle seat. From the back/hatch it would be wonderful and great access. There are companies out there that offer kits to disable the airbag so you could put one kid up front.

One of my kids is wheelchair bound so it you look at the back of my wagon you will see a trailer hitch that I use with a carrier to haul her wheelchair. You could do the same with strollers.

To answer your question, it would be difficult with one crying in the back and not being able to get to them without pulling over. Could you squeeze back there, probably. All in all, whatever you get you will make work.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:24 PM

The 3rd row in an 850 is very easy to access, easier to help a child strap in then when they climb into the rear (second row) seats. If I recall, the 3rd row seats can hold up to an 80 lb. child and I don't know if you'd [legally] need a car seat for your oldest back there. No way they’d fit a teenager, just too cramped.
Do you have the integrated child seat in the rear? You could probably make-do with the oldest in that, then two car seats next to the doors.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 PM

No integrated child seat. We've now got a 3, 2, and newborn- so everyone is buckled in with car seats. I would need to at least put the 3 year old in the rear, and maybe the 2 year old also.