Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Cruise Control....do I have it??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise Control....do I have it??

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2016 XC90. It has so many features and I am still learning everything that it offers. The trouble with the documentation offered, is that all of the available features are documented whether or not that feature is available on your specific vehicle. My question today is...does my car have adaptive cruise control?

it has the controls for it on the left side of the steering wheel. But I am not able to engage it. Regular cruise control works just fine. If I use the right and left directional arrows on the steering wheel while cruise control is engaged, it does nothing. Yet I also have the two additional buttons that allow one to determine the distance you want to keep from the car in front of you. Is it possible that my specific XC90 does not have this optional feature even if the controls are available to me?

This is just one of MANY questions I have about this car, like do I have to turn auto hi-beams on for each new instance of driving?

thanks for any input.

JoeFixes

Old 12-03-2018, 05:18 PM

“do I have to turn auto hi-beams on for each new instance of driving?”

Yes - sorry.

i have a 2018 XC90, which should be the same controls as yours. For me, the Adaptive Cruise Control is the car's default setting. I simply push the center button on the left spoke of the steering wheel. To change between ACC and Pilot Assist, I click the right arrow symbol on that same spoke, and it shows me that words “Pilot Assist”. When I press the left arrow, it switches the cruise control symbol and tells me it’s in Adaptive Cruise Control.

I know the the Pilot Assist is part of the base Momentum package (if you go to “build a car” on the Volvo site), and since they generally remove content from base rather than add it, I’d assume you have it.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:28 AM
Default Beware pilot assist issue

Be aware that when using pilot assist if it loses site of the lines briefly it just automatically shuts off with no alert or warning that it has lost site of the lines. This is very dangerous as you think the car is under pilot assist and could cause an accident. Volvo should create a recall and add an alert to notify driver when this happens. Seems like an easy task as there is already an alert that goes off if you are not applying any pressure to the steering wheel for more than a out 10 seconds. Why can't this same alert be used?