Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 05:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help

Yes, I have a 2005 XC90 Volvo. I key recently broke and my transponder glass tube fell out of its place. I finally end up finding the transponder and taping it near the ignition switch but my car still wouldn’t start. So I got inside the driving column trying to bypass so I could get my vehicle started . Nothing would work. That one key is the only key I have for my volvo period. And right now I can’t afford to get a new one. So i went into the ignition switch. I’m trying to hot wire my car so I can be able to drive it to work, to pick up my daughter for school, practice and etc. I have the clip pulled out of the ignition. But I’m not sure which wires need to be cut ran together so my vehicle will crank. Thank you. Please help me. I need my vehicle

Old 12-12-2021, 09:44 AM
Received 586 Likes on 552 Posts

You WILL NOT be able to bypass the immobilizer. All you will do is break/destroy other stuff (that will need to be replaced) trying.

Order a precut VALET key from Volvo using your VIN. Have your car towed to someone who has a VIDA Subscription, (shop, individual or Dealer, unless they will come to you). Perform a download using VIDA to tell the CEM to accept the signal from the new key. You might be able to save a few dollars purchasing an Ebay key blank, finding someone that can copy the cut on your existing key, then finding someone who will program an Ebay key.

If this is a switchblade style key and your remote section still works purchase and program the switchblade style - they are about the same price. Reuse your remote section.

Or you could send your CEM to xemodex.com (in Canada) and for several hundred dollars they MIGHT be able to disable the immobilizer function.

Sorry for your troubles -