Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky brakes???

Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Question Squeaky brakes???

We ordered a 2018 XC90 T5 Momentum on July 5...it came in 2 weeks ago and we picked it up on October 9th...2 things so far...the brakes squeak...intermittently. And the AC suddenly stopped functioning...blowing hot air...we shut the AC off...and later turned it on and it started working again. OK...so the car is 2 weeks old and problems already. Took it back and they said they had trouble with older brakes, but these are the new design rotors...couldn't find anything wrong with either the squealing brakes or the AC. In addition to brakes squealing, there seems to be an awful lot of brake dust on the front wheels...they said that was normal. Puleeze...we have a 1998 V70...never been in an accident...never had a problem...minor wear and tear...and we've had more problems in 2 weeks with this new one than with the '98 (and we've had it since '98). What to do????

Old 10-25-2017, 09:47 AM

Take them for a drive and show them the issue with the brakes....not everyone drives the same.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:05 PM

I have had this issue after about two weeks of having the car. I have now taken it in three times and I still have it! This is a brand new luxury vehicle that sounds like an old Clown Car. I am so frustrated. I have had cars for years and years that I never experienced this with! I am beyond frustrated and would not recommend this car to anyone after going through this. It’s loud! It takes up much of my day’s driving out to have it “fixed” as well as people asking why my “NEW” car is always at the shop!

Old 12-15-2017, 01:19 PM

This is how we solved it...waited until it was squeaking...took the service manager for a spin until they squeaked...he listened, identified the area...look up the info on the Volvo service. It is a problem and has been in the past....there is a fix...and the fix is to replace the brakes...which they did...voila...no more squeaking. Supposedly they had the problem in last year's model and they had replaced the brakes with a new product...I don't believe they replaced them with a new product....but the fix is the same...replace the brakes.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 AM

No. That is only the fix if your chassis was made belo 03550.
I have replaced the brakes and rotors on all four wheels on my 2017 xc90 inscription chassis #185999 and the problem is still there. The dealer cannot figure it out..

Old 02-04-2019, 03:00 PM
JSJ

Originally Posted by Itssalsatime View Post
No. That is only the fix if your chassis was made belo 03550.
I have replaced the brakes and rotors on all four wheels on my 2017 xc90 inscription chassis #185999 and the problem is still there. The dealer cannot figure it out..
Have you had any resolution to the problem since posting this message? I have a XC90 T6 Inscription 2016 MY and no matter whatever the dealer's service centre does, the squeaking noise resurfaces after a while. It is a very high pitched noise when breaking. My dealer (as claimed) so far, on different occasions, have replaced the rotors, break pads (i believe) and performed other maintenance however the squeaky noise come back again.