2009 V70 Battery Dying

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 V70 Battery Dying

About a year and a half ago, my battery started dying. It's usually in the morning, and usually when it's cold and/or raining (I live in Portland, OR). It's sometimes when I don't drive the car for a few days and sometimes the morning after driving it. I can jump it, drive it and then it's fine for the rest of the day at least. Sometimes it goes months without any problems, but it does seem to be during the warmer months.

I've had the battery checked by multiple people. All say it's fine. I left it at a mechanic's for a while, who eventually decided it was the throttle body and replaced that ($1000, ouch). They could not find a drain. The problem persists. Recently the mechanic had it for about 2 weeks, but it wouldn't replicate the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't work on cars, I don't have gear to check things, but would love to find some solution to this problem.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seasonmarie
About a year and a half ago, my battery started dying. It's usually in the morning, and usually when it's cold and/or raining (I live in Portland, OR). It's sometimes when I don't drive the car for a few days and sometimes the morning after driving it. I can jump it, drive it and then it's fine for the rest of the day at least. Sometimes it goes months without any problems, but it does seem to be during the warmer months.

I've had the battery checked by multiple people. All say it's fine. I left it at a mechanic's for a while, who eventually decided it was the throttle body and replaced that ($1000, ouch). They could not find a drain. The problem persists. Recently the mechanic had it for about 2 weeks, but it wouldn't replicate the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't work on cars, I don't have gear to check things, but would love to find some solution to this problem.
never heard of a ETA draining a battery. If the battery is over 4 years old - it owes you nothing. It probbaly needs a RDAR upgrade - might be draining through your sirius radio