CE light radiatr anit tamper device

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CE light radiatr anit tamper device

this code trips every once in a while, where is the sensor located? could it just need a cleaning of the contact.

Every time the guy reads it, the light goes out for a couple of weeks.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 AM

2010 XC70 I am getting an intermittent charging error.(urgent service required) this generally goes off after restart or a bit of time. The battery is new and a check engine light comes and goes. Code seems to indicate charging issues. Battery cables are tight. Have driven on a trip of 2500 miles with this condition but would like to get it fixed before the next one. I know with experience that just replacing parts per code can get expensive after three of so ties at the dealer on other issues with no joy. (with a different car)

Old 06-11-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by fkmatlack
2010 XC70 I am getting an intermittent charging error.(urgent service required) this generally goes off after restart or a bit of time. The battery is new and a check engine light comes and goes. Code seems to indicate charging issues. Battery cables are tight. Have driven on a trip of 2500 miles with this condition but would like to get it fixed before the next one. I know with experience that just replacing parts per code can get expensive after three of so ties at the dealer on other issues with no joy. (with a different car)

Update: Dealer reflashed the computer to eliminate ATD code.

6 mos and 6K mi later I get the Alternator urgent repair note. Took it to independent foreign car shop, they couldn't get into the computer "bus lost" to fix it. Took it back to dealer asked them to fix it , they said it's the ATD sensor; it stopped talking to the computer. Wire it closed so it thinks it's always there, or code it out, they said can't do that. I said fix it for free, it's part of the anti smog and should be covered for 10 years, I can't be fixing this same thing every 6k miles. Volvo gave part for free dealer charged 1/2 labor rate. Light has now been off for 5k miles.

I wrote to AG office of consumer affairs and said they should force Volvo to cover this under emission warranty, never heard back. I have a crappy AG.

You should write your AG and the EPA. I think Volvo has a problem with this stupid device which only serves to tell you that you have an actual Volvo Prem Aire (smog reducing) radiator in place.

An example of the crap that is on all our cars that serves little or no purpose but takes hours to fix and costs a bundle.

soapbox: mfrs are putting crap like this in our cars using EPA as an excuse, so that down the line you have to buy an original part 1300$ radiator instead of $300. and that supports their dealer network, keeping them in $$

HTH