Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Stock Stereo, and also a DVD question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Stereo, and also a DVD question

Hi Everybody.

i'm new here. I just bought a new 2007 V70, and I love it.

2 questions concerning the Stereo and DVD

1.) on the base stock stereo, what does "TD))" mean?

2.) I have a Volvo dealer installed head rest DVD enertainment system (which consists of 2 Video players in the back of the head rests, with DVD players built in behind the screen (so yes there are actually 2 DVD players, not just 1 connected to 2 different screens) My question is that it is supposed to let you play a DVD in 1 of them, then have the other screen play what is on the other DVD player by changing the inputs in the menu. But when I do this, it doesn't work. Do you think maybe the dealership installed them wrong?

Thanks everybody in advance for your assistance with this

Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Default RE: Stock Stereo, and also a DVD question

Congratulations on your new V70. With ourOEM single DVD player w.2 screens, we only have one remote but can set the menu to allow a separate source (i.e. game unit) for the second monitor. We can also point the remote to either of the two screens to change selections. Now, since you actually installed 2 DVD players and not just one DVD player with 2 screens, did you not get2 remote controls (one for each)?

Old 11-14-2007, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the Reply!!

Yes the DVD's came with 2 remotes (you press either passenger or driver button, so that the remote knows which DVD players to talk to (either remote can be used for either DVD player) AND (this is cool) it comes with 2 wireless IR Volvo branded headsets! I've never even heard of IR being able to transmit sound, but these can,!

basically when you turn on one DVD Player, and it is playing a movie, your suppoed to put the other DVD player on the source of "AV1" When you do that it is supposed to display the other screens movie, but when I do that, it just says "AV1" in the corner, but the screen is blue.(As if there is no input on that source) There are only 3 choices for Input AV1, DVD or Game.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:40 PM

An obvious question, but did you try selecting DVD instead of AV1? DVD sounds like a more obvious choice if you want to watch a DVD. We have the infrared headsets too - way cool.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Hey there! Thanks for the reply

Since each DVD screen has a DVD player built into the back,, when I choose 'DVD" it goes to a blue screen (in the case that i don't have a DVD in that player) And there are only 3 choices

1.) AV1 is supposed to play whatever is playing on the opposite screen
2.) DVD is supposed to play a DVD
3.) game is for a game system you connect to it (if you have one)

My goal is to have a DVD in 1 of the DVD players, but have the same movie on both screens, and the manual for the DVD enertainment systems says this is possible...

Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Hmmm? If the instructions don't work I would go back to your dealer. Perhaps a missing AV connection.