General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

2006-Volvo s60 Warranty expiring soon-issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006-Volvo s60 Warranty expiring soon-issues?

I have a 2006 volvos60, that i bought in spokane new at the dealer-i also bought the extended warranty up to 100,000 miles. now i have 89,000 mi. on it and am going over to get the one thing i know can be upgraded-the trnsmission software thing. does anybody know of anything else covered that i need to ask the service manager about? he was kind of grumpy on the phone when i made the appt. and it's quite a trip from western montana where i live to even go there-have to stay over at a hotel, etc.
any advice would be helpful
tks.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I would irritate the manager with one more recall:

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2006/12-...lls/index.html

I personally don't like extended warranties because they are one of the biggest scums in the world. When you need to have your car serviced under this warranty, they come up with hundreds of versions of excuses not to pay for the service you deserve. If you must, get the one sold at the dealer (but I would still set the money aside, this way your money IS guaranteed to be used for benefit).

I hope this gets you started. I would also suggest that you post the concerns at the S60 forum.

JPN

Old 10-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Default Thanks JPN!

I did get the warranty from the dealer-and am going back there in Spokane-closer than Billings! So far, I can only find the software upgrade on the transmission as something they need to do. They did pay for the gas tank flap lock thing a while back...
Just trying to find out any other known issues before I go. Thanks a lot!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 PM
JPN

Good, I hope the dealer helps you out with the TCM upgrade.

JPN

Old 10-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Default I give up-don't buy a Volvo if you live in Western Montana!!!

Thanks again for your help JPN-today I found out the software upgrade isn't covered. Because there aren't any parts being replaced, per the company sponsored warranty people, it isn't covered. I am going to have to pay for it myself at an import store in Missoula $$$$.
When I wrote a cash check for the s60 I bought at Spokane Volvo, the guy selling me the warranty said, "It's really worth it, since if anything goes wrong, it's all computerized and can get very expensive"-so that made my mind up for me...
When I e-mailed a complaint to Volvo, I got a call from a head honcho of some sort named Bart who tried to-no, did- say "it is a grey area"-yep-and one that they come down on the side of the dealer. I let him know that I amtelling anyone who admires my car in Missoula-don't buy one! My sister and brother own volvos too and know about this too-looks like the next car I buy will be something else for sure.
Volvo gets an "F" in customer satisfaction in Westrern Montana!!! Thanks for listening!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:59 AM
JPN

I'm sorry that you have to deal with all kinds of butt-heads (I do that everyday here in Japan). Many dealers are known for that and they don't know that they are losing customers by not taking good care of them.

I assume the headquarters in Gothenborg (or is it elsewhere?) in Sweden would have more respect. I would write to the CEO but that's just me. Whenever I experience inferior customer services, I write directly to the top and usually get good results (with the exception of companies in Japan; they ALL ARE BUTT-HEADS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!!!!!)

JPN

Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM

Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective