Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

sun roof drain tube clog

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sun roof drain tube clog

I own a 2005 v70 2.5t wagon with a sun roof. I get water dripping in the foot area on the passenger side in the front. I've had it in to the dealer to unclog the drain tube for the sun roof and was charged around $75. It solved the problem but now it's leaking again. Does anyone know if anyone sells larger tubing and junction pieces to retrofit the original? And is the a class action lawsuit against Volvo? Thanks, Chordabord

Old 10-26-2010, 01:56 PM

read this post....it will help you with the problem your having, read the entire link....here's the link:
https://volvoforums.com/forum/showth...ht=water+rains

good luck and post your findings!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Default sun roof drain tubes

Ok, I read the thread about the guy with the same leakage problem that I have on the passenger side front wall who had his cabin filter replaced and that seems to have solved his leak. My dealer believes that the drain tubes from the sun roof are clogged and need to be blown out occasionally but that you have to ba careful not to use too much pressure or it will blow out the connector juntion piece below in the doorwell. So I ask again, has anyone relaced the tubing and junction connector with a larger diameter size to solve the problem??? Chordabord

Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by chordabord
So I ask again, has anyone relaced the tubing and junction connector with a larger diameter size to solve the problem??? Chordabord

that is not what you asked in your original question......you can take the advice that so many offered in that thread that I sent you and listen on how to fix your problem, or you can TRY and change the diameter size and have another bill having someone change out the tubing if it is even possible that it will even work...they use a certain size for a reason!!! You can follow the advice from the thread or not.....your choice, but I will say when you post your question for the 1st time you need to be very specific. Then when someone comes and offers help your reply sounds so condesending doesn't really want to make anyone reply....when that's not even the question posed in the first place.....just some food for thought!!!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:11 PM

It is exactly what I asked in the first question and from what I have read there will be a class action suit against Volvo for problems resulting from those drainage tubes.