New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New here, thinking of buying a 2004 V70R

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, thinking of buying a 2004 V70R

Hi all, looking to see if this is a good deal/idea or if I'm walking into a money pit.

2004 V70R Euro Spec 6 speed manual (I'm currently living in Spain)
Metallic Black with the Atacama interior. Garage kept, looks mint from the pics but will be test driving tomorrow. 130k miles on the car.

-New Pilot Sport 4S tires
-Refurb CEM by XeMODeX (i have no idea what this is or who this is)
-New OEM 4C Dynamic Suspension Struts/Springs/Shocks
-New OEM coils
-New OEM coil connectors
-New OEM coil pins
-New OEM Fuel Pressure Sensor
-New OEM Fuel Sending Unit
-New Skandix Fuel Pump
-New Fuel Filter
-New OEM Water Pump/Timing Belt
-New Plugs
-New OEM Pump Electronic Wiring Harness in box
-New O2 sensor
-New Haldex Filter
-New Fuel Pump Gasket/Lock ring
-New OEM fuel filler cap

Work was done by a good local shop that I have been to so I am sure I can get the records for it if the seller does not have them but I am going to assume he does.

Seller is asking $13k USD. Note, that around here there aren't a lot of nicer used cars available that aren't a lot newer and way more expensive than this. This area is 90% hatchbacks and probably 50% of those are clapped out beaters. Seems like a lot for a 19 year old car but that's why I'm asking.
​​​​​​
I can do a lot of maintenance and repair myself, I've done engine rebuilds and swaps on Ford modulars and smallblocks multiple times as well as all the supporting stuff so I'm familiar with what all that entails. Not that I'd want to do any of that if I got this car.

So anyways, please let me know what you think. I'm sure it'll be super nice when I look at it but I want to make sure I'm not being stupid.

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 489 Likes on 470 Posts

Sounds like the car is well maintained but its still a 2004 and 13K is a premium price. KBB suggests a $7500 private party sale value but a check of Bring A Trailer shows V70Rs all sold in the 13-18K range so I guess the asking price is realistic assuming the car in excellent shape. See if you can get a maintenance history and a full carfax as well.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this up on Swedespeed as well and was told the price I wound up paying $11k, was great. I did get it and its real nice mechanically. It needs the ABS sensors replaced and the previous owner had those new in box, I just need to get around to doing it. I have brakes coming in so I'll do the sensors then. Interior needs work but thats probably the easiest part tbth. Its not bad, but there are a few things. Its a Euro Spec manual that I'm not buying in the USA so KBB values are completely out the window anyway. Don't even want to see what they say what my 34k original mile 2000 Mustang GT is worth lol.