Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

I hate selling on eBay!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I hate selling on eBay!!!!!!!!!

I've sold on eBay for a number of years. It's a great way to get rid of unneeded stuff that is still usable. Beats the heck out of tossing it...now I'm not so sure. Recently (Friday) sold a Regina coil. Looked for it over the weekend, couldn't find it and refunded the guys money Sunday. He immediately left negative feedback stating " no communication and never received product" What an ***! And he isn't a newbie either, he has over 400 feedback. It's a really rude world we live in...especially online. When I pm'd him to ask why he would blind side me like that, he proceeded to tell me how proud my parents must be that their son sells used parts for a living. I'm guessing the poor fellow has as many undiagnosed ailments as RSPI!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahahhaha aww mean shot at RSPI. Yeah eBay has it's problems for reviews, but still a blessing.

Don't mind the guy, get's his kicks off anonymous messages, then his life is just perfect!

Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

LOL, yea, I sell technical instructions on eBay and I'll e-mail the people the instructions (off this site, hint hint), then a week or 2 later they will send me a pm complaining that they didn't get them. When I point out that I sent them and sent a follow up message, they say "oh, I must have missed that". I sent the instructions within a day of the purchase, usually within 2 hours.

As for stuff I have to ship, I never make out with that stuff. Usually loose my shirt with shipping, the darn USPS is so expensive. I can't remember making any money at all. I just buy stuff from there.

I sold a satilite radio once and put in the listing 6 times that I could ship with or without original packing. There was a $10 difference with the packing and the dude paid the without price. I sent him a pm to confirm and did not hear back so I stripped it the next day, shipped it cheaper and he flipped out on me. After a few pm's back and forth he finally said that "I should not have posted a picture of the item with the original packing if I wasn't going to ship it like that. He should NOT have to read the listing." Almost told the dude to take his meds and kiss my butt but I held my tounge.

There are a lot of crap going on with the net, people talking trash with their keyboards when they know if you were near them you'd slap the hell out of them. That is the biggest problem with FaceBook.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

LMBO!!! I don't sell instructions off of this site. I was just kidding but it was VERY FUNNY to me to post that. LOL

Old 09-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Meh, shipping's no issue for me. I have a decent scale and flat rate boxes are handy. I have commercial accounts w/ FedEx and UPS as well. It's the decline in civility that really bugs me. I'm old enough to be a product of the post WWII baby boom. I was raised to be polite to strangers even if I thought they were a few bricks shy...With the advent of texting and particularly the internet and the accompanying anonymity, more and more people learn their manners (and lack of thereof) through forums and chat rooms. I'm seeing younger customers come to the shop who can't even look me in the eye. These folks say stuff routinely on line that if said in person, would get them wondering how they ended up on the ground. Inevitably these poor survivors of "No Child Left Behind" are certain they are quite the wit...but sadly are only half right.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's Facebook?