Penta Discuss Volvo Penta Marine Machines Within.

Alarm won't stop going off

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm won't stop going off

Hello! I have a 2007 Glastron MX175 with a Volvo Penta 3.0 GLP (red engine). I was working on getting it ready for the water last weekend and started to get an alarm before I even fired the boat up. I'd just put the key in the ignition and was wiping down the dash. After about 30 seconds it went off and I never thought anything of it. Changed the oil & fuel filter, finished cleaning and hooked up ear muffs to start it and everything was going good, then all the sudden the alarms went off again. Boat wasn't overheating, had oil pressure, nothing was going wrong, but the alarms wouldn't stop. Turned the engine off and noticed the blower, nav lights, and the bilge weren't working and the alarm was still going. I unhooked everything from the battery, and the only thing that didn't start the alarm again was the main cable to the starter. Went back out last night to try again and it's still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any idea?

Old 05-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amarple123
Hello! I have a 2007 Glastron MX175 with a Volvo Penta 3.0 GLP (red engine). I was working on getting it ready for the water last weekend and started to get an alarm before I even fired the boat up. I'd just put the key in the ignition and was wiping down the dash. After about 30 seconds it went off and I never thought anything of it. Changed the oil & fuel filter, finished cleaning and hooked up ear muffs to start it and everything was going good, then all the sudden the alarms went off again. Boat wasn't overheating, had oil pressure, nothing was going wrong, but the alarms wouldn't stop. Turned the engine off and noticed the blower, nav lights, and the bilge weren't working and the alarm was still going. I unhooked everything from the battery, and the only thing that didn't start the alarm again was the main cable to the starter. Went back out last night to try again and it's still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any idea?
As a follow up this was all my fault. I forgot to hook the negative leads to the battery and everything was grounding out. Fixed the issues myself by just double checking everything.