Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and talk about it here.

Sticky brake caliper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sticky brake caliper?

Hi guys, in the last few weeks my 2003 S60 D5 (150k) has developed a problem, the front right brake keeps sticking on, I didn't notice it at 1st until mot time, when my mechanic noticed it on the brake test & a blue discoloured disc, so he cleaned all the dirt & salt out of it & was ok for a day, then I had to do the same, I also regreased the sliders etc & it lasted 2 weeks, 1 more clean since but when I got home today I had a nice glowing red disc (I did feel it today but couldn't stop in the traffic!) I have ordered new discs as its had it now, but what I need to know is: Is this just a build up of dirt etc in the sliders or do the front calipers have a problem? I gotta get this sorted ASAP as its not good!
Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post but I thought I'd give you all the info to start with!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Default Brake

Have you changed the brake fluid. Flush with the best brake you can find.

Cb

Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM

I haven't but it normally goes to a trusted local garage who does exactly what it says on the service schedule!
I popped into Volvo to get some prices, & the parts/ service guy asked why I wanted the parts & what the problem was, & said straight away 'its the caliper, we see this a lot!' so have a recon caliper to fit & bleed the system tomorrow, so we'll see!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:28 AM

If the sliders are ok then it must be the piston is a bit grubby, you can give that a good clean, get a new seal kit and it should be good. The amount of money it costs in extra fuel with sticknig breaks it makes sense to change sort it sooner rather than later. When I had a sticking front caliper it knocked a good 10/15mpg off.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by NotallThere
Hi guys, in the last few weeks my 2003 S60 D5 (150k) has developed a problem, the front right brake keeps sticking on, I didn't notice it at 1st until mot time, when my mechanic noticed it on the brake test & a blue discoloured disc, so he cleaned all the dirt & salt out of it & was ok for a day, then I had to do the same, I also regreased the sliders etc & it lasted 2 weeks, 1 more clean since but when I got home today I had a nice glowing red disc (I did feel it today but couldn't stop in the traffic!) I have ordered new discs as its had it now, but what I need to know is: Is this just a build up of dirt etc in the sliders or do the front calipers have a problem? I gotta get this sorted ASAP as its not good!
Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post but I thought I'd give you all the info to start with!
sometimes the brake hose gets worn from turning i have had them cause a blocked return on the fluid and kept the caliper locked

Old 03-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Default coach handbags

Incredible, that appears so excellent!Maybe you have changed your theme lately? Mainly because I could have sworn it was not exactly the same the previous moment I used to be here?-unless I am thinking about another web site. Air Jordan 3 (III) Air Jordan 16 (XVI) Jordan 60+ Greg Jennings Jersey

Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM

Having braking mechanism caliper braking system, pushing them to put on the braking system When you braking mechanism your pedal. Caliper glide hooks move in and out, it must stay free of deterioration, extreme braking mechanism dirt and dirt street.Mechanics used to recondition the calipers when a problem happened, but with current on per hour basis work rates up to and over multiple numbers, it's now more possible to substitute the broken caliper with a refurbished one.