Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Any experience with this ECU chip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with this ECU chip?

does anyone have any experience or heard any thing about this chip? It seems like a bargain at $70. If it works the way they say it does, it's adaptive and retunes automatically.

http://slrmotorsports.com/howitworks.html

http://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index...t_detail&p=805

Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Uhhhhhhh, you get what you pay for. Unless someone steps up and says they bought it, it works, etc. I would not do it. There are many of these cheap additions that trick the car into thinking its cold so it injects for fuel. I dont know about their claims. If you have the cash, go for it and let us all know.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by boxpin
Uhhhhhhh, you get what you pay for. Unless someone steps up and says they bought it, it works, etc. I would not do it. There are many of these cheap additions that trick the car into thinking its cold so it injects for fuel. I dont know about their claims. If you have the cash, go for it and let us all know.
Beautiful wheels BTW

Thanks, Yeah I talked myself right out of it when I wake up, big duh, and realize hey wait a minute how can a simple flash chip be adaptive, it only stores data it can't process anything. It's BS

Anyone know how to kill a stupid thread???

Last edited by Bobec; 02-01-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 AM

there was a post somewhere on these things. I cant remember which forum it was on but a guy bought one from the company and tore it apart only to find that its a piece of wire, no crap just a piece of wire running into and out of a plastic case. so for $70 you get aboout 1 foot (if that) of probably 14gauge copper wire, lol

Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 AM

I shot this link to my son who lives by peformance so here is an engineers take.

+50HP and +50 ft-lbs?! I don't believe that. The site seemed like an infomercial. Outrageous results, cheesy testimonials, no actual testing, and cheap price. I bought a performance chip for my bmw from a very reputable company called Turner Motorsports. They primarily deal with BMW performance and they have a competitive race team that backs them up. It cost $250 and estimated a 20hp and 12ft-lb increase. It also made you specify ECU#, engine, vanos or non-vanos, and had dyno graphs. So for a company to blindly say 50hp and 50ft-lbs for $70 and they only need to know the model and year range, I find that unlikely.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

1. It's FAKE.

2. DON'T BUY IT.

3. If you want an ECU upgrade. IPD USA, RICA and BSR PPC. Three best tuners on the market. Also most expensive. If your looking for cheaper but still work and actually give performance increases InMotion, SpeedTuning USA & Upsolute are where you want to look into. Although they are less researched and developed then the first three. They do still work. I know I own a SpeedTuning USA ECU upgrade. Now I got this ona group buy, couldn't pass up the deal. But in the end would have rather saved my money and gone with IPD USA or RICA. Why more researched more developed and the customer service is 110% times better then SpeedTuning USA's.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by S70driver
1. It's FAKE.

2. DON'T BUY IT.

3. If you want an ECU upgrade. IPD USA, RICA and BSR PPC. Three best tuners on the market. Also most expensive. If your looking for cheaper but still work and actually give performance increases InMotion, SpeedTuning USA & Upsolute are where you want to look into. Although they are less researched and developed then the first three. They do still work. I know I own a SpeedTuning USA ECU upgrade. Now I got this ona group buy, couldn't pass up the deal. But in the end would have rather saved my money and gone with IPD USA or RICA. Why more researched more developed and the customer service is 110% times better then SpeedTuning USA's.

UpSolute seems to be a "better" in the customer service department, but i found a second hand tune before i went with them.