Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

The Car Shopping Saga Continues

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Car Shopping Saga Continues

OK, here is my take on this.

A car, no matter what kind of car, is not worth fighting over with your spouse. Take it from a guy who has been married for nearly 29 years (and who has bought and sold many cars during those 29 years) it is not worth it to fight with your spouse over a car.

Cars are cars and unless you are talking about some unusual collector's piece, then the right car will come along eventually. Spouses, on the other hand, are one of a kind and if you are lucky like I am, the right spouse makes all the difference in the world. I always consult my wife on our car purchases and listen to her advice--even though I am the sole breadwinner in our home.

Having said that, I don't think an orange Volvo is all that bad. And I don' think that anyone is ever too old to dirve an orange or a red car. Incidentally, my former 940 Turbo was kind of an orange-red and I thought it looked great!

Good luck with everything.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been married to her for 28 years and I hear what you're saying. That's why I bought the white one. Once I found out she was serious about not wanting the orange-red one, it was out of the question. I never even went and looked at it. I still think it was probably the best deal of all the ones I found though, but I do like white. She would have been fine with just red, but the oraangeish color is what got her. Then when the guy told me he had to "charge" the a/c before each summer, that really was the deal breaker.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimKW

I've been married to her for 28 years and I hear what you're saying. That's why I bought the white one. Once I found out she was serious about not wanting the orange-red one, it was out of the question. I never even went and looked at it. I still think it was probably the best deal of all the ones I found though, but I do like white. She would have been fine with just red, but the oraangeish color is what got her. Then when the guy told me he had to "charge" the a/c before each summer, that really was the deal breaker.

Glad to hear that peace and quiet once again reign in the kingdom! [8D]