Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

After market HID's, error, FIX?? Possible solution!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After market HID's, error, FIX?? Possible solution!?

Hi all,
I have been dealing with the "Failure low beam" message for a while now, and I can't take it anymore. I have read the 2 options everyone was trying above, but I was wondering if anyone has heard, or even tried these out on their Volvo?.... They are called "HID Problem Eliminator Plugs" I found them over at this site...

http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-...plugs-201.html

They claim that these plugs will get rid of all flickering HID effects,and get rid of all dashboard error messages and error indicator lights, due to after market HID's. It seems like it is legit! If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

throw away the existing HID's and get a set of 55W HID's.

I had similar problems with my 35W kit and it too drove me insane.

55W is obviously the same as the "normal" headlights so all of these problems go away.

can buy em on ebay for a whopping $95 AUD so call it about $80 USD including shipping from china/hong Kong.

Ballasts are now 4th gen (much smaller) have better hot re-strike, more reliable etc etc etc.

Drilling the hole in the shunt is the alternative but its permanent and if you get it wrong.......they wont work at all and you'll need a new one to try again!

Karl

Old 08-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Or you could try the cancelers that place like SharpHID.com sell.

FYI, that link doesn't work.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by LPG Karl

55W is obviously the same as the "normal" headlights so all of these problems go away. Karl
So with the 55W kits, there is no low beam failure message?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by twistab4pudd
Hi all,
I have been dealing with the "Failure low beam" message for a while now, and I can't take it anymore. I have read the 2 options everyone was trying above, but I was wondering if anyone has heard, or even tried these out on their Volvo?.... They are called "HID Problem Eliminator Plugs" I found them over at this site...

http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-...plugs-201.html

They claim that these plugs will get rid of all flickering HID effects,and get rid of all dashboard error messages and error indicator lights, due to after market HID's. It seems like it is legit! If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks.
I'm not sure about the link. But most my friends have been checking out this hid kits , and they said it's great.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:20 PM

That's really nice & informative information.A HID kit is generally more familiar in the automobile industry. It not only produces light but it also adds to the style aspect of a car.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
wbl

Originally Posted by IS300M
So with the 55W kits, there is no low beam failure message?
I just installed a set of DDM 55W HID's in my '05 S60 and there no bulb failure message appeared without the message cancellers. I bought mine from SharpHID.com. They were a little slow in getting the product out the door, but I can't complain about the actual product. One thing to note is that, even though Volvo's are not supposed to have reversed polarity according to the SharpHID website, my car did, so you may have to play with the connections to get everything to work properly.

I have to say that these lights are ridiculously bright. I haven't been flashed the high beams yet by on-coming traffic, but I am actually concerned about being ticketed because they are so much bright.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by wbl
I just installed a set of DDM 55W HID's in my '05 S60 and there no bulb failure message appeared without the message cancellers. I bought mine from SharpHID.com. They were a little slow in getting the product out the door, but I can't complain about the actual product. One thing to note is that, even though Volvo's are not supposed to have reversed polarity according to the SharpHID website, my car did, so you may have to play with the connections to get everything to work properly.

I have to say that these lights are ridiculously bright. I haven't been flashed the high beams yet by on-coming traffic, but I am actually concerned about being ticketed because they are so much bright.
I have a 2001 Volvo S60. When you say "Volvo's are not supposed to have reversed polarity according to the SharpHID website" What exactly does that mean? Is that something I should look in to before making a purchase of the 55W kit? Right now I have a kit that I got off Ebay, which work great! One downfall, it is the 35W kit, and is throwing all the dash errors. Bulb dip failure, the orange triangle in the middle of the dash is also lit up. I greatly appreciate any helpful feedback you provide!!! I also bought those "HID error cancelers" off ebay. Guess what... Yeah it didn't do a thing, this is getting really old really fast...

Thanks again,
Brian

Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by LPG Karl

55W is obviously the same as the "normal" headlights so all of these problems go away.

can buy em on ebay for a whopping $95 AUD so call it about $80 USD including shipping from china/hong Kong.

Ballasts are now 4th gen (much smaller) have better hot re-strike, more reliable etc etc etc.

Drilling the hole in the shunt is the alternative but its permanent and if you get it wrong.......they wont work at all and you'll need a new one to try again!

Karl
Ok, I went out and bought the 55W kit. As soon as I got home, I uninstalled the 35W kit and then installed the 55W kit. As soon as I was finished I went to test it out and bam, the same "buld dip failure" error appeared on the message screen, and the orange triangle in the middle of the dash was once again glowing. The 55W kit did not solve my problem. How do you have yours hooked up? I also have a relay harness hooked up, do you? I even tried with both 35W and 55W kit, those "HID error cancellers" and that did nothing for either kit. I was about to undo the relay harness, but I wanted some other opinions on what else it could be, or that I'm doing wrong. Do i have to go to the dealership with the 55W hid's installed and have them make the cars computer recognize them? I'm lost...Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM

did you try with out the relay? if you are using a relay there will be no draw on the light plug. I'm looking for the same answer. i hope this works for you.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
wbl

Ok, I went out and bought the 55W kit. As soon as I got home, I uninstalled the 35W kit and then installed the 55W kit. As soon as I was finished I went to test it out and bam, the same "buld dip failure" error appeared on the message screen, and the orange triangle in the middle of the dash was once again glowing. The 55W kit did not solve my problem. How do you have yours hooked up? I also have a relay harness hooked up, do you? I even tried with both 35W and 55W kit, those "HID error cancellers" and that did nothing for either kit. I was about to undo the relay harness, but I wanted some other opinions on what else it could be, or that I'm doing wrong. Do i have to go to the dealership with the 55W hid's installed and have them make the cars computer recognize them? I'm lost...Any help will be greatly appreciated!
With the DDM kit from SharpHID, I did not require a relay harness. The kit was a plug and play kit that connected directly to the factory harness. The reversed polarity on my car did not change which kit I needed to order as it only meant that I needed to reverse the connections to the factory connection. With the 55w kit I did not require the BOW cancellers in order to eliminate the message from appearing on the dash, however I did require the cancellers to prevent the bulbs from producing a flickering effect. With the BOW's installed, there is no flickering and no warning message on the dash.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:39 PM

once i installed 35w hid in my headlamps, but sometimes there is some noise from the radio cuz of the interference from ballast. so i upgrade to vvme 55w 6k hid kit for headlights and it looks great color output....
more brighter than 35w hids....
i took a pic of the color

Old 11-09-2010, 08:51 PM

I have a 2001 Volvo S60. When you say "Volvo's are not supposed to have reversed polarity according to the SharpHID website" What exactly does that mean? Is that something I should look in to before making a purchase of the 55W kit? Right now I have a kit that I got off Ebay, which work great! One downfall, it is the 35W kit, and is throwing all the dash errors. Bulb dip failure, the orange triangle in the middle of the dash is also lit up. I greatly appreciate any helpful feedback you provide!!! I also bought those "HID error cancelers" off ebay. Guess what... Yeah it didn't do a thing, this is getting really old really fast...

Thanks again,
Brian
dude, i am not so sure whether you install with a relay harness , and whether you bought the right stock hid kit for your 01 Volvo S60..cuz i know it is the H7 hid kit 35w for low beam and 9005 hid kit 35w for high beam , H1 hid kit 35w for fog lights....

it doesnt matter whether you choose 55w hids or 35w hids. it depends on which hid kit do you choose and which brand, whether you install correctly...sometimes guys will reverse hi and low beam that can make your two bulbs fail even you install the HID error cancelers ....

Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 AM

hi,

could you please help me?

similar thread concerning 2006 Volvo S60

Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 PM

just check it....