Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Car Warranty Q and A

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Warranty Q and A

Hey all,

Am new to the forum, and still in the thought process of purchasing a new S60 2.4 sedan with a 5 speed. I havent seen much going on in the forum, which leads me to believe that the car is a cood car to go with for my purchase. I have a few questions though. THis is a us version 2004 2.4 sedan. I am plannin on getting it with the extended 6 yr 100000 mile warranty. I am betting an unbelievable price on it too which is why the car is soo atractive. my question for the forum is in regards to performance for the car. I know that when i get the car i will want to add performance. I saw that evolve has a performance chip for the car quoting about 20 hp, which is something i would definately look into, also there are the exhaust, up pipe, down pipe, intake, and other mods...i was wondering if all of these types of mods are even available for the 2.4. This is not a t or a awd or the r....just a regular 2.4.... Another thing that i was wondering about is the warranty aspect of making these mods...does anyone know or have expedrience with the dealers in reagards to making these mods and whether the warranty goes void from making them? I know that i definately want to put the chip in the car asap!!! if i end up getting it. I currentyly have a car with more horse power, 220 to be exact, and i am going down because of the safety as well as the fact that my current car is on its death bed...so i am just trying try to make sure that i am getting something which can be modded and also wont have problems with warranty coverages. If anyone can shed some light on these types of things, the comments are welcome, and i would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Kokilc

Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Car Warranty Q and A

for an aftermarket piece fo void a warranty issue, the warranty company must prove beyond any doubt that the aftermarket part caused the warranty problem. some dealerships will try to stick you, but it is a federal law, that they cannot look at some thing and say, "we wont fix it under warranty because you have an aftermarket ait intake"..things like that...

Old 03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I have seen many of the older cars with the ecm's and stuff like that.There was never any problems with warranty.The only thing I would be careful of is the new cars are networked.The ecm talks to every computer in the car.If you complain of some drivability issue some times a software download fixes the problems.If I'm not mistaken the aftermarket computers cannot be upgraded with software.They might have done something that it may be upgraded.Check with them on their options.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:05 AM

As far as warranties, shop around and find the perfect one for YOU. I bought one that covers everything the factory warranty does for a fraction of the price, 3ys 75K miles for $1100! Here are some links...

http://click-nsave.com/bmwwarranty/volvocovered.php
http://click-nsave.com/bmwwarranty/volvocoverage.php
http://click-nsave.com/bmwwarranty/volvo.php

Old 08-25-2008, 07:37 AM

I put 120k on a 2.4 2004 s60 before trading forthe "R". The car has plenty of power for daily driving. It will go 130 miles an hour but just takes longer to get there. I would not waste my money on 20hp. Being a standard 2.4i motor there is little to gain IMO. This is coming from a stock person. If the car did not come with it I do not need it.

For example: For the small fee of 1200.00 bucks I could get 30 more HP for my "R". Hell, the stock is fast enough. I drive 65 miles a day to work round trip.

I don't like warranties either. If I did buy warranties, I would not modify the car. The law may be on your side but the hassels can consume more effort than it's worth.