Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

One day I'll send this car off of a cliff...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ES6T
.....we are not all as bad as you think.
That is called damning with faint praise.

Yes, you are not ALL as bad as I think. Some are somewhat less bad.

Did you see the pic of my new strut spring compressor? Here it is again.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

We have the same one gathering dust in the corner. That's because we just power wash the struts and say we replaced them.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:57 PM

We have the same one gathering dust in the corner. That's because we just power wash the struts and say we replaced them.
Now you're getting it. Next stop, service department top producer. Trips to Hawaii, the sky's the limit.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

You've shown me the way

Old 09-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 487 Likes on 468 Posts

Some good lessons learned here my boys. 1) Find a trusty Indy, but keep a good relationship with the dealer. My indy just did the alignment on my S40 for $79 and I have the print out... Same indy has a policy of not getting in over their heads on some models and will do inspections and recommend when to go to the dealer. BTW, they have one of those badass strut compressors :-) 2) when checking noises use an extra set of ears, particularly somebody who has some mechanical sense - and let them sit in different seats to see if the noise location changes. I was riding in the back seat of my wifes Toyota and heard some noises I've not heard while driving (had the dealer inspect the drive shaft center bearing - which they said was ok). 3) if you don't trust your mechanic have them show you the old parts (I've never had to do this as I can tell when a strut's been power washed). 4) be good to your mechanics - I always hit parts with PB Blaster before alignments etc, take a look at things before to note anything I see... Don't be afraid to move around until you find somebody you like. When asking around, keep in mind 9/10 customer experiences are good, but that one person makes way more noise than the other 9. I've had people tell me my fav shop did horrible things to their car - which when I listened I realized was their misunderstanding of how cars break and how techs repair (short of seeing a broken part, all repairs have a triage process on what to check and in what order).

Old 09-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mt6127
I realized was their misunderstanding
Good point. A lot of complaints are because of a misunderstanding. Usually because of a bad service advisor. Sometimes I listen to our advisors talk to customers and am amazed at how stupid they are. Their explanations for some things are just terrible. And if a customer ever went on the internet to get a second opinion, I can't imagine how that would go.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Sometimes I listen to our advisors talk to customers and am amazed at how stupid they are. Their explanations for some things are just terrible.
I think what you meant to say was they just make **** up. I have laughed in the face of at least one (Toyota) service advisor.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yep. They do that too. Makes me wish I could sell my own work.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karakmin886
Hey everybody! I'm new here but have spent countless hours reading this forum for the past three years. Just the other week I regretfully bought my 2012 S60 after my 36 month lease had ended.

I did this because I didn't want to put $2,000+ down on a new car. There were other reasons but that was the main one.

Now since I'm roped into a 5 year loan with higher monthly payments the things I tried to ignore (only 'cause no one would help me) are starting to grind my gears. I wanted to see if any of you could offer me advice.

Since the second year I had the car it's been making this "wooo wooo wooo" noise when coasting or driving at a very low speed. It does it in reverse as well. It's a very low and drawn out noise. I've brought it to the service center at least 4 times and was told nothing was wrong.

Another thing is when I bought it at the end of the lease they tacked on a $150 volvo safety inspection fee because they "can't let you drive an unsafe car". I've been driving it for the last 3 years! I tried to fight it but they insisted. It wasn't until after I left the dealership I realized the car hadn't even moved. What kind of inspection was done, if any? I'm very tempted to ask them when I go in for my plates if I could have a report. Something tells me it wont end well. It's pretty obvious that my front tires need air and are running low on tread. But I guess that's safe...

Does anyone have any experience with either of these things?

Oh, and one more thing - I have a couple scuffs on my beechwood seats. Has anyone been successful in removing scuffs?

(PS: There's other things like the ride is very rough, the steering pulls and feels loose but I know that requires service. It's just a shame since I mentioned all of these things more than once back when I was under the lease and they brushed it off. How is a stupid girl supposed to argue anything with two mechanics? I feel like I'd have to burst in there acting like a raging lunatic to get anything accomplished)

Thanks for any responses in advance. :-/
Just imagine how unhappy are people that took a loan recently

Old 09-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NNorma11
Just imagine how unhappy are people that took a loan recently
I don't know what you're talking about, I took out the right loan and I'm glad. Yes, it can be hard to give money on a regular basis, but after you pay your last payment and don't owe it to someone else, you're really happy. All you need to do is contact the right people to help you with advice on what loan is affordable for you and what is too risky. I found them by chance looking for what to do if I can't pay my loan https://www.moneyexpert.com/loans/wh...y-back-a-loan/. It simply expanded a lot and helped me keep stepping out of debt.

Last edited by AnnieCos990@mail.com; 10-02-2020 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Had to add some details