Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Auto door locks & lock/unlock acknowledgment

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto door locks & lock/unlock acknowledgment

I am new to this site but I would like to say thank you to whoever maintains and created this as it is very useful. I just bought a 2004 S80 and I have 2 questions that I would appreciate any input anyone is willing to share.

1) When I drive my car, the doors do not lock automatically. My 2003 Camry had an option that you could set that if you hit X mph, the door would lock automatically. This is a nice feature when you have little kids.

I have searched this site and I did see some mention of this under the XC90 posts. It said you need to have software downloaded....does anyone know if this is available on a 2004 S80?

2) When I lock/unlock the doors using my key FOB, there is no indication that the doors were locked/unlocked. I have not had a Volvo for a few years but I really thought my 2001 S60 flashed the lights to indicate when the car locks/unlocks? Is this an option for a 2004 S80?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Old 10-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Auto door locks & lock/unlock acknowledgment

1) I have a 2000 S80 that does the autolock. It has always done that action for me, so I couldn't tell you how to configure it although a software download sounds about right.

2) I know my lights blink for me when I engage the locks/alarm via the keyless entry remote, but I don't recall getting an indiciation when the key is used. I usually just listen for the locks when I use the key to lock up the car.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the response. I did not articulate it very well but for point 2, that is what I meant, using the keyless entry remote.

I am glad to hear that both of them work for you, that is encouraging.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

1. That option is avalible by the Dealer programming it.

2. The lights should Flash only on Lock.
I believe some more options are avalible from the Dealer Like the Horn Beeping.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:21 PM

replaced the battery on my 01 T6, and now the driver's window/lock/mirror panel is inop. is there a programming involved?

the other three doors window switch works - just the driver side panel is totally dead. I've already checked the related fuses in the trunk and on the side of the driver's door and they are fine.

thanks for your assistance.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Default dr. window lock and mirror

how did you fix the issue with the dr.side window lock and mirror?
I'm experiencing the same issue.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok this is what i know ( i think)

1) yes that feature is only available from the dealer as it involved software changes and the tools (called VIDA) is only available from the dealer and they charge a lot for those changes. its your call

2) give this try. But its method will only work for locking the car from remote which will cause the turn signal lights to blink indicating that the car is locked:
->open the driver door
->pop open the hood (no need to fully open the hood)
-> wait a few seconds
->then on your key fob press the lock button
->then immediately close the drivers door
-> and the walk over and close that hood.

so as soon as you close that final hood door all he turn signals should flash once.
give it try and let us know.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM

Sounds like your upper electronics module needs to be reset (common problem when the battery has been disconnected). Using the key in the driver's door, turn the key back and forth between lock and unlock 3 times...this should reset the module and your electronics should come back to life.

As far as the auto lock feature, sounds like you need to take a trip to the dealership to ask them to set that...Good luck...

Old 10-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people on this forum are not very committed. they will ask a question and probably never come back to either ask again or contribute to this great forum. that owner who asked this question will probably will never come back.
this is just sad

Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 AM

I've been helped by many posts that I haven't started...so if it helps someone else down the road, it's all good.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:32 PM

i have similar problem with my key-less fob/remote for long time, the keyless fob works for other three door except the driver door. so every time i have to use key instead of keyless fob. just wondering how can i solve this problem? any input will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM

My guess is that the door lock actuator in the driver's door has gone bad. Does it lock and unlock the door if you push the lock/unlock button on the door? If not, you'll need to pull the door panel off and see if you have power to the door lock actuator...if you do have power when the switch is pressed or you hit the lock/unlock button on the remote and it still doesn't actuate, then the actuator is bad. If there's not power to the actuator, you'll need to troubleshoot the wiring to the actuator. Hope that's helpful...

Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tubotato
My guess is that the door lock actuator in the driver's door has gone bad. Does it lock and unlock the door if you push the lock/unlock button on the door? If not, you'll need to pull the door panel off and see if you have power to the door lock actuator...if you do have power when the switch is pressed or you hit the lock/unlock button on the remote and it still doesn't actuate, then the actuator is bad. If there's not power to the actuator, you'll need to troubleshoot the wiring to the actuator. Hope that's helpful...
Thanks so much for your help. if actuator is bad, i should replace it, do you how much it will cost?

much appreciated!

Old 05-09-2020, 09:09 PM

I had a problem where the doors would automatically lock after closing ANY door after opening. Additionally, the lock actuation button on either driver or passenger door was non-functional; This was odd & risky for locking the keys &/or an individual in the car inadvertently... This solution/suggestion resolved the issue. 2001 S60 T5.
MAJOR THANKS!
[QUOTE=Tubotato;368387]Sounds like your upper electronics module needs to be reset (common problem when the battery has been disconnected). Using the key in the driver's door, turn the key back and forth between lock and unlock 3 times...this should reset the module and your electronics should come back to life.../QUOTE]

Old 03-30-2021, 09:20 PM

Agreed! I'm pretty new to the Volvo world after a lifetime of VW/Audi/Porsche ownership. I love my 2011 C70 and frankly don't plan to ever get rid of it. It does have a few quirks but to me they are more or less "cute" until now.... I had that issue talked about here where the driver's door would pop open randomly on the highway. I turned off the auto-locking feature with the menu (via radio system) and now the driver's side door will not open from the inside. I have to admit, it feels pretty stupid to pull into work on a really nice day when people's attention is caught by the shiny convertible (side note: I work for a company that builds very high tech car wash equipment so shiny cars are a must) and then they see me have to reach out and open the door. Sigh.

Anyway my point in this reply is to say that I would have no idea what direction to go without these boards - I mean, aside from letting a mechanic make a lot of money when I would rather learn myself so I WILL come back and follow up!

Old 07-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by tech
1. That option is avalible by the Dealer programming it.

2. The lights should Flash only on Lock.
I believe some more options are avalible from the Dealer Like the Horn Beeping.

available*

Old 07-01-2021, 05:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It takes a special kind of pathetic weasel to correct spelling on a 5 year old post.