Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Potential Future Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Future Owner

Good evening,

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and the XC60 gas or Recharge R-Design has made the short list. I'm coming from a Ford Explorer Sport that has been plagued with troubles. From fuel sensor issues, to turbo issues to paint issues. It's been a loveable problem child but the lastest rack and pinion replacement that is the straw that broke the camels back.

All that said, I drove an XC60 yesterday and will be driving a Recharge next week. All that said, having browsed the forum a bit, I'm seeing many owners having issues with their 2022's which has given me pause. I know humans in general are prone to report the negative over the positive but I would be curious how many of you are clear of problems? Is it known amongst the Volvo community the 2022's are plagued with problems or is this human nature at work?

I appreciate your time and consideration.

Old 01-23-2022, 07:38 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill.Otto79
Good evening,

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and the XC60 gas or Recharge R-Design has made the short list. I'm coming from a Ford Explorer Sport that has been plagued with troubles. From fuel sensor issues, to turbo issues to paint issues. It's been a loveable problem child but the lastest rack and pinion replacement that is the straw that broke the camels back.

All that said, I drove an XC60 yesterday and will be driving a Recharge next week. All that said, having browsed the forum a bit, I'm seeing many owners having issues with their 2022's which has given me pause. I know humans in general are prone to report the negative over the positive but I would be curious how many of you are clear of problems? Is it known amongst the Volvo community the 2022's are plagued with problems or is this human nature at work?

Good to hear you are considering a Volvo. If you value front seat comfort and safety, I can vouch that it would be a good choice. IMO, as much as the new/google-based Volvo's are exciting to consider, my advice is to also look at a 2020 CPO. Then you can decide which may be the best for you between the two. Realistically, you'll be an early adopter if you decide to acquire a 2022 google-based model. Normally, sound reasoning dictates that one wait until after the first model year (or sometimes two years) before considering a particular new model car.

Regarding your request for owners who haven't experienced problems, I'd be surprised if the response you get may be of much use.

As for me, I own a factory ordered 2020 V90 Inscription. Yes, it has Sensus, instead of the new google-based infotainment system. For my needs, this is just fine. After 19+ months and 15K miles, other than a few instances where BLIS didn't work properly, the car has run well and is rock-solid, mechanically. Around 2019, Volvo improved Sensus so that, at least in my case, I can live with its performance and applications. When I want/need anything more current, in terms of infotainment, I can just rely on my cell phone.

Read enough about any newer car, particularly "luxury" cars, and you'll find that they all have some sort of issues. Typically, they revolve around the infotainment systems, both in terms of software and electronics. When I was researching my new car purchase, I seriously considered a Mercedes Benz E450 Estate Wagon, as well as a BMW 5 Series. I was a member of MB and BMW owner forums, and saw numerous complaints about their cars, as well.

At the end of the day, I chose a car that I felt most comfortable with, both in terms of front seat comfort for long drives and safety. One last bit of advise. Don't only research the car, but also research the dealership you may buy it from. Guaranteed, something will break/not work right on whatever car you buy. Your dealership experience in addressing your needs will be an extremely important aspect in forming your opinion of your car and the brand. For me, so far, it has been very positive.

Old 01-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a 2022 XC60 B6 Inscription at the end of November.

So far I am very pleased with the car -- runs great, looks great and no issues to date other than minor Infotainment quirks.

I just did the software update yesterday, so we will see how the latest version works. In my view the Infotainment issues will get resolved over time with further releases. So my focus is more on the operations of the car.

So far, for me, its been great and I am a glad I pulled the trigger.

Good luck with your choice.

Old 01-24-2022, 10:16 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Good evening,

As 'Maggs' said, if you can find a 2021 new or 2020 CPO, you should get a great car. They had not converted yet to Google operations and still have the 'SENSUS' system. Mine is a 2021 Inscription T8 Recharge and has been rock solid in all aspects. I actually 'LOVE' the NAV system, it works great w/o lag. I'm retired and the majority of my driving is local,so the battery covers the majority of my driving. Sometimes I top off at 3/4 full just to 'freshen' up the gas LOL.

Old 01-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Good experience here

Good evening,

Bought a 22 XC60 in October and no issues at all other than Sirius XM not recognized by voice control. I think that will be improved in further updates. Love the OTA updates and voice control (Hey Google).

Old 01-25-2022, 11:41 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1.8.1 or was a new one released?

Great experience so far with our 2022 XC60 here as well. Only complaint is remote start has only worked once.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:39 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I’d recommend leasing or subscribing to one instead of purchasing it. I love my XC60 B5, but I had also read the reports on here and preferred to keep my money in the bank.

The quirks with the infotainment can be a little bit annoying and I’ve also had two issues requiring service visits in the first month of ownership. Small issues, but still took time out my day.

The CbV sub also gives you tire replacements and I’ve already needed one replaced after a road-trip. Felt like a win to have it covered.