Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Volume control not working after phone call

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Volume control not working after phone call

Have 2018 XC60 R-Design.

Got a call this morning and after I hung up it appears the car things I'm still on the phone. When I turn the volume **** the phone icon appears on the top left corner of the infotainment screen and the music plays but only very faintly and doesn't respond to the **** turning. Have tried a reset of the system and turned the car of many times but nothing seems to work. TIA for any help!

Old 06-29-2021, 10:07 PM

I know this topic is pretty old but I stumbled upon this issue today and I want to share my experience/solution

My wife was on a call with me and then she received another call - putting me on hold and then ending the call with me (continuing the call with the person who called).

Somehow the system got messed up and the steering wheel volume control was not working anymore (it appeared changing on the screen, but never changed the volume - although the dial in the dashboard worked perfectly).

I've tried turning the car on/off (but this does not turn the radio/infotainment system on/off, so no good), tried to open the hood and remove the negative cable from the battery - nothing as well.

That's when I had the brilliant idea to look at the owners manual for the fuse position for Sensus (position 52 for my XC60 2018). I removed the fuse, turned the car on and Sensus was entirely off (finally!), turned the car off, put the fuse back and everything went back to normal volume wise

If someone else stumble upon this situation again, try this before scheduling a service for something that can be done in less than 10 minutes by yourself.

Good luck all

Old 06-30-2021, 03:37 PM

Hi. I have this happen regularly if infrequently. It either fixes itself or resets if I turn off and turn back on the car. No need to pull fuses.