Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

06 XC 70 Heater Control Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06 XC 70 Heater Control Sensor

I have taken my car into the alternative Volvo shop as my car has some funny thermo. gauge readings and when on full heat mode both sides it fluctuates with hot/cold air. Cooling system works fine. The mech. had 3 hard codes come up and suspected that the most likely problem is the feedback sensor that tells what the actual temp is suppose to be and compares it to what the controls are set at. Okay the other two hard codes he thinks are coming up because of the feedback sensor.

After ordering the part the mech is being told that it is going to take at least a month to get these parts as it needs to be manufactured and that Canadian Volvos have different parts then other Volvos. The other excuse was now that the distributorship has gone to the States parts take longer to get blah blah blah. I would go to the Volvo dealer in the local area but I have had nothing but the run around with these people.
I called Volvo Canada and well I may as well have talked to the answering machine cause all he could say is talk to your local Volvo dealer and that sometimes these parts take time to get in. I am pretty sure that they stock a minimum number of parts somewhere reasonably close and that snow is pretty common everywhere in North America. I know this is long winded and yes I am blowing off some steam but just wondering if anyone has run into this type of thing.
Thanks