Go Back  Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo XC70
Reload this Page >

Front arm of the driver's door window regulator is bent a bit, can it be saved?

Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

Front arm of the driver's door window regulator is bent a bit, can it be saved?

Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Default Front arm of the driver's door window regulator is bent a bit, can it be saved?

I bought new plastic sliders for my driver's door window regulator assembly. When I went to install them, it looked like the front arm MIGHT be bent in and down a bit, but, ....... I was able to snap it into the new slider,....so,...I thought I was OK, until I tried to put the window up,.....The front of the window is pushed out at the bottom,...and is tracking behind (lower) the rear window edge,....so pretty sure the front arm IS bent.

I don't see any removeable fasteners for the window regulator. There appear to be rivets holding the regulator onto the inner door panel.

Can anyone tell me if the window regulator IS removeable and if so,.....how it comes out.

Thanks,
Brian in Austin

Old 11-19-2013, 05:52 PM

You have to drill out the rivets. It takes a big rivet tool to squeeze the new rivets. Once you drill out the rivets the track and motor assy will come out the hole in the door. I would try to bend the arm straight. Its pretty common for the arms to get bent when the plastic slider breaks.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM

Rivet tool search Marson "Big Daddy" I didn't name it. I would see if a body shop would rivet it for you.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by dsharp View Post
Rivet tool search Marson "Big Daddy" I didn't name it. I would see if a body shop would rivet it for you.
I can't believe they rivet the regulator into the door!

Brian

Old 07-18-2015, 11:07 PM

I have the same problem with my 05 S80.. I bought a replacement regulator for the driver side because I thought it couldn't be fixed but i just took the door panel off today and bent it simi back in place and it seems to be working OK but I need the blue sliders.. I was able to bend it back enough to where the window will work alright without taking the regulator off the door.. But that's only a temporary fix until I get the rivet tools

Old 07-18-2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cade_27 View Post
I have the same problem with my 05 S80.. I bought a replacement regulator for the driver side because I thought it couldn't be fixed but i just took the door panel off today and bent it simi back in place and it seems to be working OK but I need the blue sliders.. I was able to bend it back enough to where the window will work alright without taking the regulator off the door.. But that's only a temporary fix until I get the rivet tools

I went with the new regulator,...but instead of riveting back in,...I just used some short metric nuts and bolts I had around. Worked fine.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:34 PM

I actually thought about that one.. I think im going to try that and maybe even do something similar to the speakers..

Old 08-29-2015, 02:25 PM

great info guys, iam embarking on this same issue, mine got bent pretty good, ordering one and replacing before winter. is that all there is holding it in, 3 rivits??? yeh replacing with nut bolt makes sense to me, any info on the ins and outs would be appreciated.