Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

Strange startup misfire with tachometer jumps

  #1  
Old 10-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Red face Strange startup misfire with tachometer jumps

Hello folks,

I have a 2001 xc70 that has been tuned up and recently had a transmission rebuilt.. One of the things I noticed after the tranny rebuild was that the car would often misfire when starting/cranking with the tachometer jumping but runs fine once it's running (25mpg on the highway and smooth as can be). On startup, the problem of misfiring usually happens 80% of the time and the other 20% is normal.

The one other thing the Transmission rebuilder mentioned was that he replaced the flywheel because he broke it on removal. God knows what else he broke.

Could this strange issue with inconsistent misfires on starting have a relationship with the flywheel?


Thanks....


Jonas
 
  #2  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Question cranks ,farts and starts

Hi
Old thread but I am having the same issue. Did you ever fix this?
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
melkavitch
Volvo 240, 740 & 940
2
09-03-2009 05:01 PM
cbrack
Volvo S40
11
09-12-2008 07:39 PM
dtupac
Volvo 240, 740 & 940
4
07-22-2007 05:47 PM
DJboozeAlot
Volvo 240, 740 & 940
4
11-27-2006 08:54 PM
joelovescarmen
Volvo 240, 740 & 940
14
08-23-2005 01:35 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strange startup misfire with tachometer jumps


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.