Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused and Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swiftjustice44
There, I fixed it for you. I know you had no intention of calling a brand new member a fool twice in one post. Expressing opinions, and differing opinions, is all well and good but in the final analysis, they got the car fixed. Perhaps they did not go about it the way you would, but they got there just the same...and that's a good thing.
yeah, no intentions of calling anyone a fool except my self. it did come off like that didnt it? i had no intentions of that of course.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm few things 1 its a l-5 engine not a V-6 W. doesnt activate AWD W is for wet/ icy driving conditions. what you should have done is turn the DSTC off to get going in the snow u gotta turn that junk off and put it in 1st or W i normally just turn of my dstc and stick it in 1 cause i personally hate all these fancy gagets anyway if your AWD is not working its probably something called the DEM which is the Differental Electronic Control Module.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM

Yes, I now know that my Volvo is a 5 cylinder, when I mention it was a V6 I was wrong. Then again I feel I can make mistakes because I'm so new to Volvo's. Like I said before I had the WHOLE AWD replaced. I don't know anything you are talking about, but if there are more problems with the AWD I will definitely take the advice of the people on here.

The Volvo is acting wonderful (saying that it did have some problems with it) I love the vehicle and I'm so thankful my husband got it for me and our family.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by chitch2
Yes, I now know that my Volvo is a 5 cylinder, when I mention it was a V6 I was wrong. Then again I feel I can make mistakes because I'm so new to Volvo's. Like I said before I had the WHOLE AWD replaced. I don't know anything you are talking about, but if there are more problems with the AWD I will definitely take the advice of the people on here.

The Volvo is acting wonderful (saying that it did have some problems with it) I love the vehicle and I'm so thankful my husband got it for me and our family.
i have a c70 also and when i read stories like this
http://www.volvoblog.us/2011/02/11/a...B+XC60+News%29

i also am thankfull that i have my 90 even with all it's short comings and problems and such. Volvo for Life

Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer i had only had to get my electronic differential module replaced. that basically what that does is
an electronic differential is usually a mechanical differential that uses an onboard computer to directly control and adjust the torque split and difference in wheel speed across the axle. This is happens by electronic actuators engaing clutch packs and locking mechanisms to get the traction that is necessary. i personally prefer 4WD but that wasnt an option and it's okay you made a mistake i was hoping for clarification so id be better able to help you. and i absoutlely agree with you it is a great car just gotta get all the problems fixed and it will see you through some hard times. my neighbor has one 03 T6 with 215,000 mi.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM

I fixed mine with RTV silicone. Totally fixed the leak. Let me know if your interested I will send more info on how I did it. My drain holes were fine with no water in the cabin, it just irritated me that it leaked. After reading on this forum I can see recently buying a 2003 XC90 T6 was not a good move on my part.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 AM

My XC90 is saying that the oil level is low. the mechanic ssaid it was possibly the oil pump is clogged? The oil level was fine. Another suggestion was a faulty preassure sensor. How do I check/ change the oil pump?