General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Check engine and oil light issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine and oil light issues

Hello everyone this is my first post, and I just Just need a little help. I bought a 2012 Volvo 680 work the isx engine not to long ago and everything work good on it. But as I drove up a hill and I be in tenth gear(10 speed Eaton Fuller) around 1000 rpm my computer screen on my shows a oil can and then a check engine fault messages. Then when the rpm gets up to speed it goes away completely. I check the oil and the coolant levels and everything fine. The reason I checked the coolant level because it was in the shop not that long ago because I put a brand new transmission in it. The mechanic said low cool and was none of the fault code but everything else was just codes due to sensors acting up. But I tired of the beeping when I go up hills so I need a solution, PLEASE HELP.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 485 Likes on 466 Posts

not too many truck engines post on this board, but I'd say there's two likely causes - you could have an oil pressure sensor issue or you have an issue with your oil pump or oil scavenger. You can try replacing the oil pressure sensor but you probably need to have the oil pan dropped and inspect the intake for debris in the scavenger pick up. If nothing there, then you're probably looking at a worn oil pump. Dunno if your truck's pump has any form of electronic controls or not...

Old 08-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mt6127
not too many truck engines post on this board, but I'd say there's two likely causes - you could have an oil pressure sensor issue or you have an issue with your oil pump or oil scavenger. You can try replacing the oil pressure sensor but you probably need to have the oil pan dropped and inspect the intake for debris in the scavenger pick up. If nothing there, then you're probably looking at a worn oil pump. Dunno if your truck's pump has any form of electronic controls or not...
Thanks for the reply first off, I thought i was on the right board. Hopefully it not the oil pump, but is the oil pressure sensor is external of the engine? If not, I might have to give it back to the shop and tell them to try again.