Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Possible Computer Dying??!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Possible Computer Dying??!

I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me with this one.

I drive a 2006 C79 V5 Turbo, with just under 110K miles.

A couple of months ago, during highway driving, all of the warning lights suddenly started coming on. Didn't notice a pattern but the "Brake Failure; Please safely stop car" warning, combined with the "Air Bag Failure" light got my attention. I pulled off the road, no problem in control or other functions were apparent, and after a minute or so of looking trying to make sense of things, turned tthe engine off and removed the key. After about a minute, restarted car and all was well.

It was an anomaly. Right?

Well it happened again last week, same scenario and actions, then once agin t4 days ago; similar scenario but city driving. THIS time, I noticed that it was the Brake warning light, then the Air Bag light, then the ABS light, then most of the others came on; some blinking. I initially kept driving to see if it would correct itself but the car's power steering then engine functions seemed to begine to go awry. I pulled into a parking lot. The engine died even as I reached for the key and it wouldn't start after I tried to restart it. I got out pof the car and spent about 3 minutes trying to decide whether to call AAA or set the thing on fire then attempted to restart it. It did.

Now I'm worried. The only thing I could think of that could have a system-wide affect loike that is the computer. I'm no expect but:

1) I suspect there are other possible culprits. Any ideas?
2) If it IS the computer, I'd suspect this is going to break the bank, especially since I'm only months away form paying the car off.

PLEASE HELP! I'm open to any possible solutions and ideas.

Thanks.

X-Man