Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 2022 Nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Are you pushing the black button at the bottom of the infotainment screen and holding it for 30 seconds?

I would not advise disconnecting the battery.
Because the battery never dies? In fact it dies all the time due to defective software. We had to have ours towed 3 times in 6 weeks.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Pure" mode will be disabled when the car decides the engine needs to run. But this sounds like some sort of UI/Google Car or whatever it's called issue. I had a couple of these with my 2022 Hybrid model and the dealership + Volvo really couldn't diagnose it. Seems they have no local telemetry / logging to help debug these issues, which is idiotic (I work in the software industry). Sadly, I don't have high hopes you will get anywhere, but I wish you luck!

Old 06-30-2022, 01:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Are you pushing the black button at the bottom of the infotainment screen and holding it for 30 seconds?

I would not advise disconnecting the battery.
The black button at the bottom of the screen is just a restart of the infotainment software.
I am doing that also.

But what I cannot do is the Factory Reset through the Settings Menu.
This one is not running.

I did that one month ago, because I wanted to delete all data and set up the whole system from the start and the application also because nothing was working perfect. Back then after the Factory Reset and the Re-Set Up everything worked fine until now.

So, I am trying to do the same procedure but this time is not allowing me.

Old 06-30-2022, 04:49 AM
Default Google Drive on Volvo is not stable

You are right. Google drive is ****ing not stable at all. My 2 weeks old X60 on Saturday morning experienced 360 camera gone, collision avoidance system gone and head lamp system malfunctioned all at the same time. Took it to workshop after re-calibrating every was fine until next day.. then sound system gone too and park assist experienced error. I have to send into workshop the second time to reset.

If starting/stopping the car can put it to reset is still not so bad, but now every time a bug pops out must take to workshop. Hello Volvo, you think I am very free or what?

Before this I had XC40 with Apple play, it experienced non of these. Volvo should just stick to a stable platform until all the bugs are sorted out.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:34 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sophiegirl1958
I got my XC60 recharge 2 months ago and had no issues until yesterday. My car was parked outside our office in triple digit weather, which is has before. When I started the car, none of the AC buttons were highlighted so I couldn't start the AC. I was sweating profusely! Also my driving mode, which had been defaults to "pure" was stuck on Hybrid and those buttons were not highlighted either so I couldn't get it back to "pure" mode. I turned the car off and on 5-6 times, and the last attempt suddenly fixed all of the issues and I've no problems since. But this is a huge concern for me. Anybody else have these issues?
Yea. My wife went and put cheapo gas in our Volvo. She tried to start it and it ran rough. Check engine light. And get this... it started playing Boy George's song, "Do you really want to hurt me?" in loop.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry A Nightmare of a Car and Dishonest Company

Latest Cars of Volvo which come with Google Assistant Software are pathetic and are products under development. Even Volvo acknowledged to us that the issues are there and they are working on them.

We purchased a Volvo XC60 on 13th April and from 1st day it had too many issues.

1. Hey Google Does not work properly

2. E-Sim connectivity is very poor

3. Air Conditioning dies on its own and then starts on its own. Blowers switch on and off at their own free will. (Imagine driving a Car without Air Conditioning in India)

4. Phone connectivity is very poor. You cannot talk for even 5 minutes and the bluetooth will get disconnected.

5. Wireless charging does not work on iPhone 12 & 13. Even Volvo gave us in writing that they cannot sort out this issue.

6. Regular problems of Park Assist Error

7. e-Call SOS error

8. Active High Beam error

9. Google Maps get stuck for hours.

10. Time gets stuck for hours.

There are a lot of other issues with the products and the customer service of Volvo is so good that they don't even reply to emails. They kept our Car for 15 days and returned it in a even worst situation.

They say the issues will be sorted out in next software update but we have already had 3 software updates in past 2 months and none of the issues have been sorted out in any update.

We have already taken Legal action against Volvo.

Kindly beware as they don't tell you about these things at the time of selling.

Regards

Deepak Agrawal

Attached Files
File Type: mov
VIDEO-2022-06-30-07-55-53.mov (5.43 MB, 50 views)
The following users liked this post:
Alexandros (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 11:20 AM
Default 2022 XC60 Completely Dead

My wife bought a 2022 XC60 Inscription B5 about 2 weeks ago. Today, she found the vehicle was totally dead. The FOB wouldn't work. She went off to work in her 2004 330RX with 210K miles that has never given her a problem and left me to solve the XC60 issue. I called Volvo Roadside Assistance. The representative walked me through how to open the car with a manual key and he had me try to start the car. It was completely dead. This all took place at 7:30 am and I understand the tow won't be here until 12:30 pm.

We talked to a serviceman at the dealership and he said "sometimes the vehicle doesn't shut down completely after sleep mode if something is left on." But nothing was left on... so... more to come after the car is shipped off to the dealership. Has anyone had this problem?

Update: Tow truck driver jump started the vehicle and this message came on: Stop Safely: 12V Battery Critical Charge Fault. Car is off to the dealership.

Last edited by FuzzyNestor; 07-05-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:32 PM
Default Please report your issues to the NHTSA.gov

Hello all, I came to this forum today because my wife had a very aggravating issue with her brand new 2022 Volvo XC60 B5. She bought it 18 days ago. Today, the car was dead. The tow truck driver was able to start it and on came the "stop safely. V12 Battery Critical Charging Error" message. He towed the vehicle and I am awaiting assessment from Volvo.

So, I have been reading all of these posts and some of these problems seem incredibly dangerous to me. Upon further research, I found that you can report dangerous safety issues to the NHTSA -- which I did.

Please do the same. The NHTSA needs to know about these issues and investigate. What I find most disturbing at all is that it appears as if Volvo is not addressing these problems at all -- and perhaps not even officially recognizing them.

7/6 Update. I heard from our sales rep today: Most of the glitches have been solved with over-the-air updates. Anybody heard about this? Is Volvo solving the problems that were in the first half of the year and the later 2022 models should have less problems.

Very best!

Last edited by FuzzyNestor; 07-06-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:49 AM
Angry 2022 XC60 Recharge

so many issues with the vehicle and things that were available on the 2021 model are still not available on the 2022 because of the new Google system. Vehicle was picked up in Nov 2021 and I just picked it up after the 9th time I had to take it back for some issue. The 800 customer service is hopeless. On 4 issues they have provided me with the wrong information which has resulted in a lot of my time getting it fixed.

The new 2.2 was to fix a number of outstanding issues. Based on the notes, it does not cover very many issues. I now see Apple Car Play on the screen but have not been able to connect. It tells me to connect my phone with a USB cable which I did and it still does not work.

I am a first time Volvo owner. Not a great start.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by KegsMcSorley
Hi there,

First time poster so forgive me if in wrong area.

I bought the new XC60 2022 last month and so far its been nothing but a headache. Volvo cannot take the car to investigate for a few weeks so I am hoping to get some advice here.

1. TPMS system warning. Comes on intermittendly. All tyre pressures are green in Car status. Seems to be the monitoring system at fault.
2. Rear sensor for opening the rear door. Worked once when the sales agent gave me a demo when collecting the car. Never again.
3. Volvo on call. Stopped working last week. Says I need to pair a phone which is already paired. No option to remove it.
4. Google services not working. No radio, no DAB etc. Just stuck on loading data....

Is there anyway to do a reset of sorts to at least get some functionality to restart and have a radio again?

Regards,
get a 240 and boom problem solved

Old 07-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My XC60 T8 ER, which I've only had a couple of weeks, has already twice done the following (temporarily): When I leave home, it's about a half mile drive for me to get on a nearby Interstate highway to get to many places that I routinely go. A couple of times now after just getting onto the expressway and getting up to highway speed, the steering wheel has started to pull and jerk, as if it's in "autopilot" mode, to keep within lane lines -- but I always have the "steering assist" turned off, and I don't have ACC on when this has happened. Volvo's "lane-keeping assist" is very painful to use (as with most automakers' vehicles that have it), because of its jerky nature and because I just don't trust computer software to do the right thing -- and I never, ever desire to use it. It's especially unnerving when I feel the steering wheel jerk suddenly left or right, away from where I want to be steering. In each of these two cases, it lasted only about half a minute and then stopped; I think in both cases I may have turned the "steering assist" button on and then off again (but not totally sure; I know I did so one of the two times).

Has anybody else experienced this glitch? I have not noticed other driving glitches, per se, but my Google Maps display has frozen for like a half minute or so as I've been driving, with the car not "following along" on the map -- but it has self-corrected after a half-minute or so back to "normal". And this is in urban traffic -- so not in the wilderness -- though we all know that cell signals can be dropped even in heavily populated urban areas outdoors.

When I get back into my 2001 V70 XC wagon, it's rather soothing as to how uncomplicated it is, without any "driver assistance" functions (other than standard cruise control, which I rarely use in it anymore because it's mainly locally driven) and without an infotainment screen, and with all the climate and audio controls in buttons that can be turned or pushed by memory, without even looking. Newer is not always better. And my 2001 wagon rides more smoothly (absorbing bumps; feels more stable at higher speeds) than does my 2022 XC60.

Old 07-09-2022, 01:14 PM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I don't have a problem with lane keeping assist in my 2020 V90. If you don't like it and would prefer to not have it on, can't you going into settings and turn it off? I can turn it off in my car.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:14 AM

I bought a new 2022 XC60 b6 two weeks ago. No problems thus far. I do keep lane assist turned on, at least for now. Google maps has worked perfectly.

Hopefully I'll avoid the many problems that have been reported on this thread.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:24 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by maggs
I don't have a problem with lane keeping assist in my 2020 V90. If you don't like it and would prefer to not have it on, can't you going into settings and turn it off? I can turn it off in my car.
That was my whole point: I have it turned off in my settings, but it just kicks in for unknown reasons, from time to time... Very disconcerting... More Volvo software gremlins in 2022 models, I guess...

Old 07-14-2022, 08:01 AM

I have a 2022 xc60 Inscription has anyone had brake problems ?

Old 07-14-2022, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by NOVOLVO
I have a 2022 xc60 Inscription has anyone had brake problems ?
I have not had brake problems.

The car tells me I need to do a software update. Do I need to connect to a wifi network to do this? does the car need to be running? It says it could take up to 1.5 hours to update.

Old 07-14-2022, 10:29 AM

Wifi should not be required but can speed up the download. Car has to be off and doors locked to install. (This was my experience when I installed 2.0)

Old 07-16-2022, 04:17 PM
Default CX60 recharge

Did a security software update this week. System said it takes about 90 minutes. After about 30 minutes i go a notiiocation that it failed, my car need service and to read any message carefully.

Went out to the vehicle and could not start it. Car was towed to the dealer where it was worked on for 2 days. The result was that the software version 2.2 caused an issue so the security update fails, mostly on hybrids as I understand it. They had to do a reset to the Battery Electrical Component Module (BECM) and it works now. Dealer could not fix it as the Volvo technical group had to connect on line to the car to do the reset.

Make sure your car is parked so a tow truck can get to it before doing a software update.

Also have learned in the last few weeks that the Charge Notifications and the Theft Notifications in the Volvo Car app, some that where available on the 2021 recharge, have no date available to be released as the technical group has not announced a time frame. Another big miss by Volvo. In a time when car theft is increasing, Volvo has no plan to release this software. There has been no communications that I can find on this. Unless you ask, you are not told and getting the complete story is not easy.

Old 07-16-2022, 04:33 PM

I put down a deposit many months back for an Extended Range and ended up canceling because of the complaints I read. However, we decided to go ahead and we found a Polestar Engineered ER with 22" wheels and we absolutely love it. No problems at all. We've had it for over 3 months and just put gas in it for the first time. For perspective, we bought it 2.5 hours away from our home so a third of that first tank was just getting home.

We plug it into the 110 at home and ok with it charging all night. Dialed down the dampeners quite a bit for a smoother ride, yet still on rails! I heard the 2023 build is available online and I built the exact same model as we have now and it's $5,000 more MSRP. Is that right? Anyhow...love ours and no regrets.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:01 PM

I also bought a 2021 a few months back with about 5000 miles on it. CPO so no worries. I love this car and find it extremely comfortable and smooth. Quiet and luxurious in an understated way. No problems and am kind of glad I stick to the pre google version. May look at a recharge next year after all the kinks are worked out. So far so good! First Volvo but definitely not my last. Enjoy your ride. Safe travels.

Quick Reply: XC60 2022 Nothing but problems