Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Car starting problem,clicking involved,help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car starting problem,clicking involved,help

This morning it was freeezing.
I thought maybe the fule line was frozen,but I dont think so now.

What happenwas it turned over good,but only ran for split second here and there.It made me think it was a no fuel problem

I kept turning the key on/off to hear if the fuel pump was priming and I heard a clicking sound in the dash....And it was abnormal

It sounded like a relay trying to enguage but kept flickering.
Every time i turned the key and made it actuate.it fluttered closer and closer together,the clicking order kept changing.UNtil eventually it clicked once and that was it,I turned the key and it started right up.now it dont click at all,but runs fine.

runs and starts great as usual..

IM thinking maybe the relay was frozen? It was sounding in the dashboard right around where the fuse panel is under the hood ...but I would say it was closer to the inside ? sounded in the dashboard,but Could be that panel right there?I would say it was right behind the turno guage about 6 inches maybe....but thats a guess

Anyone know what that may have been??? IS that where the fuel pump relay is?
or an ignition relay?
HAS anyone had this problem before?????

ps...reverse is still working now for 4 weeks...as long as I dont step on the gas more than a hair.Its not getting any worse than the point its at now.